Confused new boy!

S

Street Rides

Hi all,

My name is Scott, I am the co-owner at StreetRides.co.uk - the UK's finest Modified and Performance car trader.

Ive seen quite a few cars in my area with GTIROC stickers on so i thought id come along to see what its all about.

Couldnt find the newbie zone to post this though?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Welcome scott

Feel free to take a look around and join in the fun if you feel the need :lol: :lol:

if you have any trading you think might be of use to us please remember to run it passed a mod or admin before you post.

Cheers

Steve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Garef said:
Feel free to post up an ad telling us all about yer company, haha.
garef, thats what I just said, he can as long as he runs it past a mod or admin first as officially we don't allow a free reign to traders on this site

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I did a search on trackday cars and it had none but suggested a few cars that might interest me, one of which is a bodykitted 1.0l Yaris with 17" wheels :doh:

I like this bit in the tuning section :shock: :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are the advantages of having a Turbocharger on my ride?

Other than the previously mentioned power increase Turbochargers have a tendancy to make a nice sound, especially when hooked up with a Dump Valve. A nice big, shiny turbo will also earn you brownie points at crusies and shows too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the weakest link.... goodbye :lol: :lol:

youngsyp

Jim,

You didn't put in the right word(s) in the search bar.

Put 'rude' in there and you get this beauty:

Saxo VTR - show stopper!! £5995.95
Full bodykit
Twin Exhausts
Smoothed Bootlid
17(inch) alloys
Description: Show Stopper Saxo for sale! This saxo...

Or better still, typing 'wicked' in there and you find this Bobby Dazzler:

206 Gti Show car £4995.00
Full Bodykit
18(inch) Wheels
Lowered
Sports Seats
Description: Peugeot 206 GTI Professially modifie...

I'd love to have my 'whip' professially' modified.

:lol: ;-)

Last edited:

Keira

bloody hell jim, i never even thought about bothering to take a look at his site earlier :lol:

im glad i did :shock: i've learned loads :lol:

some snipetts for those who cant be @rsed :lol:

How do exhausts work?

An exhaust works by sucking the leftover mixture or fuel and air out of the engine

here we learn the benefits of upgrading your exhaust :lol:

The Upsides:
There are plenty of upsides to uprating your exhaust system. Most of the time you benefit from a nicer looking, shiny exhaust system especially form the tail of the system. The other bonuses are a nice, louder tone and often and increase in performance depending on your vehicle

here we learn about the advantages of a decent manifold :lol:

What are the advantages?

If you are into your performance then you will want to maximise the performance of your ride. Buying a full system including a manifold and downpipe will help you along the way. The uprated manifolds are normally made of a fairly heat resistant metal which helps the flow of the exhaust gases.

and the disadvantages (silly old me buying a custom made one when it wont do alot for performance apparantly :lol:)

What are the disadvantages?

Don't expect a humongous performance increase for your money when it comes to and uprated manifold and downpipe. They are not one of the cheaper modifications available so be prepared to fork out for one!

turbos, i think this this guys got abit of a thing about stuff being sucked :lol:

How do Turbochargers work then?

Turbochargers or Turbos as they are known for short work by sucking the used exhaust gases out of the engine at the manifold. It then sucks the gases into a turbine which spins it up and throws it back into the engine at an extremeley high pressure causing an even bigger explosion inside the engine. They are usually mounted onto the inlet manifold and have a sealed pipe from the exhaust manifold to pass the gases back through.

to fooking right he's confused :lol:

Last edited:

Keira

Street Rides said:
Couldnt find the newbie zone to post this though?
you should've just saved us all the bother of replying by writing your post on abit of paper and sticking it here :