con rods

stifler1603

can the eagle 17mm con rods in the gtir engine i know the gtir comes with 19mm con rods but i can't find and 19mm eagle rods for the gtir engine. if the 17mm rods can't work where could i get a good set of forged rods for the gtir

vpulsar

can the eagle 17mm con rods in the gtir engine i know the gtir comes with 19mm con rods but i can't find and 19mm eagle rods for the gtir engine. if the 17mm rods can't work where could i get a good set of forged rods for the gtir
Yes they can work but they're shit keep the standard ones, You can get pauter or Par rods in the right 19mm bearing size and they have the correct cut out for the gtir bearings and the oiling hole which Eagle don't have. The standard rods are very strong you just need to change the rod bolts.

http://pauter.com/

I had these Par rods in my last 500 bhp engine, Danny thinks it was Pauter but I recognize the Par rods in the link pictures.

http://www.racetep.com/parrod.html

They both do the right 19mm size but you'll have to ask and not as cheap as the cheap shit Eagle rods

Rob

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yes they can work but they're shit keep the standard ones

The standard rods are very strong you just need to change the rod bolts.
Agreed, ARP rod bolts will be fine.

As mentioned before, it's not bhp that wrecked rods, it's rev's!

stifler1603

wow so i was just gonna waste money on rods when all i need was just some arp rod bolts. wow see it's always good to ask questions before doing stuff. thanks guy u saved me a bunch of money good thing i switched to gieco

vpulsar

wow so i was just gonna waste money on rods when all i need was just some arp rod bolts. wow see it's always good to ask questions before doing stuff. thanks guy u saved me a bunch of money good thing i switched to gieco
We aim to please mate, helping people who are willing to listen is what we like doing.

stifler1603

ok vpulsar i'm aiming on building a next pulsar now for my brother he wants a 10 secs car. gonna make it a 2.2l though vvl head, bottom end fully forged, competition clutch twin plate, garrett gtx42r turbo,mazworx custom made intake and exhaust manifolds, aem 30-6600 ecu, hks 264 cams, 300lph bosch fuel pump, 5 gal fuel cell

As Fast Guy says with the right supporting mods and a good driver a 10s bracket pass could be done with a little over 450bhp. Better to spend the money on the drive line to put the power down and to avoid breaking things all the time

Last edited:

bracpan

or buy mine, with everything done including Pauter rods, PAR Box, Modena LSD etc etc ....open to offers

Sorry removed link, just pm me for details if interested..

Last edited:

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Hummys car, he has spent years developing it and a hell of a lot of money....has the potential and power to go even faster.