Con rod question

P

PETROLHEAD

HEY GUYS i have performed a search and cant seem to find anything on the subject. Does anyone know wat the wrist pin offset on the gti-r's con rod? does it have one? 8)

P

PETROLHEAD

:roll: guys anyone know? or can point me the right direction?
cheers guys :)

zia

have bits of the manual and there nothing in there about it!! would presume it to be central :? out of curiousity why do you need to know?

zia

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Ditto, after buying some PAR DIY conrods I thought I knew everything about them but have not heard of what you're talking about. Explain in more detail what you mean and I'm sure people will be able to help.
Jim

GINGA

I don't think its the rods that have the offset think its usually the pistons that have the offset wristpin in them (eg the wristpin is positioned further to one side)

G

GAZ P

I had a set of rods custom made by Farndon Engineering about 2 years ago :lol: ,(took about 5 months to get :cry: ) from what I remembered the centers for the big/little end are in line.I think Farndon may still hold the pattern for the standard rods and be able to produce them in either "H" or "I" form.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is this the sort of thing you mean?

This is not for the Gtir tho, just an example.

P

PETROLHEAD

:) hey guys thanks for the reply, sorry about getting back to you on this so late had a lot on. Im currently simulating the GTI-R engine in software package called Ricardo Wave. A measurement it asks for is the wristpin offset. I think what fastguy has shown could be what i am after. Although i am presuming also that there is no wristpin offset,by eye judgement, Just wanted to make sure.

P

paulrandy

The wrist pin offset would be in the pistons not the rods but there aint none on the GTiR so i guess you'd put 0.