Con rod bolts

gtirneil

With me getting another pulsar soon i want to get the con rod bolts changed to maybe ARP ones as on my last car one snapped and killed the engine.

Is it worth doing just the rod bolts and whats the average price for the bolts and fitting or would it be best to maybe get a full engine built or source a 2nd hand one with forged internals?

Sorry for the retarded question.

paz

Couldn't resist eh pal! Been looking at them myself but can't afford it at the min :(

paz

gtirneil

Yeah, regreted selling the last one, but was the best thing for me i think, got an mx5 now and its pants.

You have to get another at some point bud.

P

pulsarboby

personally i wouldnt bother if the engines all good! just drive the thing and enjoy it whilst it lasts then if you ever have a problem thens the time to sort it out.

if it aint broke then dont fix it! is a very true saying;-)

gtirneil

I appreciate what your saying.

Just out of interest do you have any engines with forged internals? or expecting any to come up soon?, just planning ahead.

P

pulsarboby

i just sold the last one i had this weekend! but theres cars coming in every week now so maybe some shortly, if you have a good standard engine with no smoke, knocks or rattles and decent compression then i will take it in px if thats the route you want to take!

i can either build you a new engine (on your spec), rebuild your engine, or sell you a s/h uprated one as and when they come in and assuming they are all in good order.

but tbh cant see why you would want to go for an uprated one unless your planning on running 400+ just seems like a lot of expense for little gain if you know what i mean!

gtirneil

The car im buying is currently having the engine rebuilt so will have new big ends ( i think), new oil pump, tomei metal HG and a few other bits.

I just want to be able to push the car hard and not worry, i will run about 350ish hp, just dont want things breaking.

I might run with this for a while and then see what you can sort me out with at a later date.

Cheers.

P

pulsarboby

:? if its being built at the moment then phone them and tell the guy you want ARP bolts fitted and whatever else you want, then you wont have to payout again!
surely that makes more sense than doing half the job and doing another half build at a later stage!!!