compression test

NME_RR

If you have a front mount I/C, nice n easy!!

Remove all the plugs,

Insert gauge and crank engine 3-4 times,

Record result,

Move to next pot,

Repeat ect ect,

It should come with instructions mate!

around 150psi is good, any lower and kiss your wallet good bye

MORF114

Dont tighten the probe end too much in the hole my kit has a swivel end on it and it wouldnt come out for ages after i tried it for the first time lots of long screwdrivery action got it undone but wouldnt do it again, there is a grey plug in front of the coil above the water hose for the turbo just unplug that one.

ashills

dont forget to take the car out first to get it warm and up to temperature
the crank with throttle open
and u want them all within 10% of each other

Godzilla

Ok guys thanks I take it it's a 2 man job cos u can't see a Reading on the gauge while trying to crank the motor over

gtir_pimp

1 man jobby. the gauge will hold the reading, so you can get out the car and check it. instructions will come with it and are very straight forward. i left my car ticking over until it was up to temp in my garage whilest having dinner! think i turned the key for about 6-8 seconds.

Godzilla

Got my kit today and no instructions just the kit but atleast u guys have helped, also is it defo around the 150psi mark I shoul be looking for.

gtir_pimp

everyones is different. as long as the cylinders have almost the same psi its good. i have 155psi on all 4. do the test and post up the results

Godzilla

Once iv disabled the fuel pump relay and coil, then removed the ht leads do I just leave the plugs in apart from the one I'm working on or do I take all out