Complete suspension

markface

My tein ss' are too hardcore for oxford roads, so must come off.. Does anyone have a full set of good standard suspension legs with top-mounts attached? And how much?

davey red.r

yes paul b has full set of strutts with tein lowering springs,
he wants £130 for them, a wee bargain, and the car sits lovely on them.

davey

B

budd

I have a full set, front / rear struts, lowering springs , top mounts etc, all good nick (the rear struts are almost new) £75 (plus P&P) the lot as I need the space.

NME_RR

Are they type ha's??? if they are there its no supprise. As standard the springs are very hard!!

The super street springs are around 5cm longer and are around 15 pounds less on the rating, phone tein and ask them, springs shouldnt be very expensive, quick and easy swap!!!

Job done

edit: sorry read over the abbreviated ""ss""

check with tein, count how many coils are on the springs and the spring rating it will be printed on it, i suspect you have got incorrect springs!

Last edited:

markface

They are ha's.. Im really just after the oe standard ones without lowered springs.. Or maybe just lowered rear? Non adjustables so i just plug n play. lol. My teins have been set to their bottom limit. Probably was a track car in jap? The plan is to raise it to standard height and find some massive white wheels(They look tidy!). Also If the suspension is too hard can this damage/bend the chassis?

markface

For the pair of you asking how much.. I will definately consider it.. I'd best get them off and give them a proper look over before i think of a price.. From what ive seen already- no leaks, no cracked springs and the usual corners of the 'first issue' pillow ball mounts are all in tact.

When 'sva dover' sold me the car it was advertised as having Tein ss' full adjustables with pillow ball mounts and 'hard ass' springs.

markface

My inbox is filling up with people wanting my shocks?!

Anyone who wants them could flat-out swap for uprated parts so let me know what you have.. mainly after white 17" enkei's or similar or fmic, boost cont., mines ecu. A cat sensor with loom, front seats with rails im sure the list will go on.
Thanks

B

budd

Re 'seats with rails' I assume your after an after market 'bucket' seat, if so be very careful, as due to the bumps and bulges in the floor pan the after market sub frames can mount the seat pretty high, I had Cobra GRP buckets in mine with the proper Cobra sub frames (adapted for the side mount seats)and my head was touching the roof !!!, i'm around 6 feet tall so not much above average height and I found it undriveable.
If you look at the std seats the base of the seat is recessed to lower the seat height, I found the std seats excellent once you're harnessed in.
So unless your prepared to cut the floor away and fabricate a lower mount point I think you'll stuggle to to get an off the shelf bolt in seat solution.
Also I have a set of 17" Konig 'Driven' wheels (lightweight forged 10 spoke wheel) in carbon black with good 205/45/17 Toyo's fitted I know you want white but I can paint these 2k white no problem, if your interested PM me for some pics

NME_RR

I have number 500 of 500 homogolated UK NME RR,,,,,

I swapped my brothers HA's for the super streets, they are much more drivable. I have them sitting in my garage doing nothing,, they need servicing on 2 shocks due to un-true disks, but they are far to hard for normal road driving

PaulB

I indeed have a set of standard suspension for the said amount, £120. There Tein lowering springs on good standard shocks.

On 17's, the car always felt good to drive and still tight round the bends, whilst looking a good height.

Let me know.

Paul

B

budd

pic of struts as promised,

Front /rear struts and top mountings, fitted with unknown lowering springs ( I believe they were already on the car when it was imported) they worked well with the 17s the car had on, the ride height was spot on.
The rear springs are loose in the spring seats when the struts are off the car but seat prefectly once the weight of the car is on them. Rear struts are OE kayabas and are pretty much as new.
£75 the lot (plus delivery)

J

jaxon_b

i dont supose your tein setup is now for sale isit? thanks jaxon