Coilovers

billyboy

Alo chaps. My R has G-Force coilovers. Ive never dealt with coilovers before and want to know how to raise the front a little cause its a bit too low as my splitter keeps scraping when i drive on and off my drive! Really annoying!

So if anyone could help me out that would be great. Do i need a special tool or can i just jack the car up and take the wheels off and do it that way?

Plz help! lol

Cheers

youngsyp

You should find that the bottom of the coilover, that mounts to the hub, can be screwed up and down, when the lock ring is loosened. You use this to raise and lower each corner.

The best and easiest process to use, is measure the wheel arch to wheel centre distance and note it down. Jack the car up, remove the wheels, undo the height adjustment lock ring and turn the damper body to raise or lower the car.
Have an idea about how much you want to adjust it, and use a tape measure to make the changes accurate. When you think you have the height you want, tighten the lock ring, re-fit the wheels and lower the car. Bounce on each end and re-measure the wheel arch to wheel centre gap. If it's right, leave it. If not, run through the process to re-adjust. You'll soon start to see a relation ship between the damper length and arch to wheel centre measurement.
You'll also notice that adjusting the fornt end, will affect rear ride height so, you'll need to adjust that too.

Be advised though, if you raise or lower the car, you should get the front and rear toe alignment checked as, it will be affected.

Paul

youngsyp

billyboy said:
Cheers for that mate, very useful!! one question tho, how do you loosen the lock ring?

Cheers
The kit would have come with a 'C' spanner.

If you don't have one, places like Demon Tweeks etc... can supply them.
Or, you could use a hammer and a blunt chisel etc.. to tap the ring round. That's what's recommended in the fitting instructions for my D2 coilovers !

Paul

billyboy

youngsyp said:
The kit would have come with a 'C' spanner.

If you don't have one, places like Demon Tweeks etc... can supply them.
Or, you could use a hammer and a blunt chisel etc.. to tap the ring round. That's what's recommended in the fitting instructions for my D2 coilovers !

Paul
Ok thanks mate, il get a C spanner and crack on with it.

Thanks for help :)