Coilovers

Leeann

Im thinkin of gettin a new set of coilovers in the next month or so, I had a set of jic ones but two are burst and i have been told no where will fix them ?

Just now I have standard shocks and hi tech lowering springs and if feels really soft :shock:

Any one any ideas of which ones are rated for pulsar, i havent got a clue wot to go for.

Cheers Leeann

bracpan

I have Teins, also sprint and hillclimb with them, they are good, very good. and top quality.
Cheers
Phil

O

Odin

I'v got a set of them new k-sport coilovers and have found them to be very good indeed and for £532 deliverd you can't go wrong :wink: .

I would say that it would proberly be better to order them with the softer springs though, I'v found the fronts to be pretty good but the rears are to hard in my opinion :idea: .

And you need to get them set up properly after you'ev fitted them and that will add £100-£200 on your bill, but that would be the same with the tein's :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Didn't you have a problem fitting them mate? They were too tight or something?
No I didn't have any bother fitting them at all mate :? , Only problem I had was setting them up :shock: there a right b@stard to get right lol.

Thats why I said it would proberly cost an extra £100-£200 to get them set up right :wink: .

I only found one small problem with fitment and that is that you may need to grind out strut top hole a bit so you can get enough adjustment for camber :wink: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
He got them from Innovative Performance...

SRB Power do the same set - different name and colour -

Rishi

bracpan

When altering springs from the ones that come with the coilovers ask what rate the shocks will deal with.
If they say any spring rate avoid them like the plage. As springs and shocks should be matched to work properly.
As I have always said you pay for what you get, cheeper is very seldom the best.
But again all depends what you want to do with them.
best of luck
Phil

O

Odin

bracpan said:
When altering springs from the ones that come with the coilovers ask what rate the shocks will deal with.
If they say any spring rate avoid them like the plage. As springs and shocks should be matched to work properly.
As I have always said you pay for what you get, cheeper is very seldom the best.
But again all depends what you want to do with them.
best of luck
Phil
No they only offer one softer spring option, Mine are 7kg front and 6kg rear, They can be ordered with 6kg front and 5kg rear I beleave, I'm going to try the softer 5kg on the rear next year.

And your right no shock will work with any spring because as you say they have to be matched :wink: , thats why they only offer the 1kg softer option :wink: 8) .

Does that mean that there good enough for you matey :?: :roll: .

rob

A

angry_milker

I have G-Force coilovers, from SRB and I have to say they are the bollocks*!! I fitted them and then had the geometry set and they are awesome! The only thing is like rob said you can't get the full camber adjustment without modding the strut, altho maybe if the pillopw balls were spaced a bit lower you wouldnt have to grind anything!

I think I will be having mine set again as they are just too stiff at the mo!! :lol:

*Damn the filter!!

Jgti-R

i have whiteline coilovers and they're awesome! love them to bits! very stiff............... just like my c@!k when i'm on the b roads! :lol:

JU5TY

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Ahh ok. I thought I remembered you saying them being a tight fit. :oops:
They were hence the angle grinder...
vpulsar said:
I only found one small problem with fitment and that is that you may need to grind out strut top hole a bit so you can get enough adjustment for camber :wink: .
:lol: :wink:

I've got Tein Super Streets, tell you what they're like soon hopefully! :D

S

stokie1

Jgti-R said:
i have whiteline coilovers and they're awesome! love them to bits! very stiff............... just like my c@!k when i'm on the b roads! :lol:

been after these for 2 years now, :shock: when were they released,
and how much did they cost u

bracpan

As Jgti-r says his Whiteline are hard....and I know that the Whiteline spring rates are no was near the 5Kg to 7 Kg.
My personal opinion are that 7 - 5kg spring rate is WAY to high for a normal road car :cry: .(would be ok on a smooth race track)
One of the best handling cars on the road are Lotus and they never ever fit hard springs, they sort the suspension out in other ways, like roll bars, camber, shocks, anti swat and dive etc.
Just fitting hard springs is not the answer to getting your car to Handle.
Its a mind boggling science, read books by Alan Staniforth this will explain it in full detail....does your brain in to. :roll:
I know this all sounds bad news but like everything else it takes time to get right, been working on mine for all of this season to get it right.
I have beating cars like 911 RS's BMW M3.s, Evo's, Scooby's and numorus TVR's this year on the track and still only have a normal untuned engine. So I think i am getting there now. :lol:
If mine was just a road car i would use the Teins with the normal springs they supply, they are pleny hard enough, or even Koni inserts and Whiteline springs. Then fit all the handling kit, poly bushes etc. This would be a great road package. Also a resonably ride to.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Phil
PS I am an old bu gger been racing for over 20 years so have made plenty of mistakes myself in that time. Its all a bit of trial and error.