Coilovers?

Pete Watson

OK while the car is away i thought i would look into suspension parts, i have only recently changed most items but went for Koni Struts and Springs, tbh i am not completely happy with their performance so i thought about changing to Coilovers, i have looked at a few Suppliers but wondered which would suit my car best.

Tein do a good range and i hear good things about them, only thing is which kit to go for?

Also looked a Whiteline, i have used their stuff on the car and am happy with that, does anyone use their Coilovers and are they very good?

Where is the best place to buy them, UK or shipped in from elsewhere?

Help always appreciated!

Rgs Pete

mattygti-r

TEIN HAs are susposed to be very good, but not made any more

think most peopel have gone for the superstreets,

JIC do coilovers for pulsar

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Tein superstreets are pretty hard, even on the soft setting, so if you only drive on rough back roads I'd advise against anything this hard or you'll end up hopping off the first fast bend you come to :?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'm sure I've read Whiteline use Koni in their coilovers, I know they use then in the spring/damper packages.

J

justin666

Fast Guy said:
Tein superstreets are pretty hard, even on the soft setting, so if you only drive on rough back roads I'd advise against anything this hard or you'll end up hopping off the first fast bend you come to :?
Sorry.. Dont agree. :wink: On the softest setting they are as comfy as ya like :D Way softer than the nismos i had on before.!! When you wind the stiffness up tho they do indeed get very firm very quick but personally I think they are the pups nuts 8)

J...

W

willson

I have a set of JIC i think there ok, but i havent played with them yet

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
justin666 said:
Sorry.. Dont agree. :wink: On the softest setting they are as comfy as ya like :D
J...
You must have good roads around you then. They aren't so comfy up here :(

zia

whiteline haven,t finished producing coilovers for the r. couple of months ago a asked them and they told me an eta of 6-8 months

zia

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm using the TEIN HA's with front, rear and 4pt lower braces...

The setup is fcuking awesome...

Rishi