Cntre Console

marc

My centre consol seems to have a light out , because the left hand half of it doesnt light up atall , How easy is it to replace this bulb and how do I get the coverings off please?

Regards Marc

mattygti-r

humm think that its a replace the whole 3 guages i think as its a "din" unit

never heard of that problem before

marc

It cant be because half of the guages dont light up (the left side) and also half of the heater controls dont light up , as if there is a bulb out...

S

SunnyGTIR

You can replace the bulbs behind the boost/oil guages.
You'll probably find that the ones in the heater control just need a wiggle to come back on, mine did anyway :wink:

S

SunnyGTIR

Oil/boost gauges - Off top of my head, take off plastic that holds rear demister, etc. think its a couple of screws by the ashtray then unclips off. Take off ignition barrel cowling. Then take off the trim with the middle heater vents that goes around the speedo. The middle heater vent has a cable behind it that leads down the back of the heater controls, you have to undo this down in the drivers footwell. Get a torch up there then waggle the middle heater lever to see what I'm on about. When that trim is off, there are four bolts holding the unit in. Take these out, pull out the unit and you will see the bulbs in the back.

S

SunnyGTIR

The heater control is also held in by 4 screws but has a load of connectors that you have to unclip behind it before it will pull out enough.
When its out the back slots off so you get at the bulbs, its hard to see how the back section slots off so you'll have to play with it as I cant remember :oops: As I said, try wiggling the bulbs first as this solved mine.
Probably missed a load out but thats all I can remember off my head.