clutch

S

S-GTI-R

is a organic clutch jus as gd as a paddle 1?as mine is on its way out and not sure which 2 get :?:

Keira

pulsar_stu said:
deisel weasel said:
2 different clutches for 2 different jobs :roll:

like comparing chalk and cheese
So why dont you tell him whats what :roll:
theres a button up the top with the word 'search' the question would answer itself if he bothered to take 5 mins to use it.

He hasn't said what power he runs, or whether he's going to be running more in the forseeable feature, he hasn't said what sort of driving he does all he's done is asked which one is better, they're both for different applications :roll:

if you're that bothered about me not telling him why didn't you tell him yourself :wink: :lol:

S

S-GTI-R

dnt need 2 fight lads,runnin 1.2bar at mo,but will be goin 4 1,6bar soon as ive got a bigger turbo n that,do normal drivin mostly but id b gd 2 launch it now n again,not 2 botherd about the pedal feel,jus wanted 2 no if the organic can handle like the paddle 1 can?

Keira

S-GTI-R said:
dnt need 2 fight lads,runnin 1.2bar at mo,but will be goin 4 1,6bar soon as ive got a bigger turbo n that,do normal drivin mostly but id b gd 2 launch it now n again,not 2 botherd about the pedal feel,jus wanted 2 no if the organic can handle like the paddle 1 can?
organics wont take as much torque as a paddle clutch but paddle clutches are harsh.

i think channy had helix make him up a higher rated organic clutch :?:

Personally i'd say depending on the turbo your best bet would be twin plate, either os giken or superclutch, i believe rob (v-pulsar) got a nice strong clutch from the us, cant remember what it is though but it was cheap 8)

O

Odin

S-GTI-R said:
will a organic b ok 4 around 380-400bhp :?:

Personally mate I'd get a paddle clutch with no less than 6 paddles because the likes of the 4 paddle HKS clutches can be very harsh and a right b@stard to drive in traffic :cry: .

My last two clutches have been a Nismo 9 paddle that felt just like an organic to drive, And now a 6 paddle Spec clutch rated at 464lb's of torque, Which feels very good as well 8) ,You just need to use plenty of revs to pull away otherwise it can be a bit grabby :wink: .

To answer your question I wouldn't use an organic for that thought of power myself :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

fiecos dan said:
A organic helix will be fine for 330+bhp/lbft Gtir doin its fair share of 1/4 miles sprints. and 20+k road miles.
I would agree with you Dan :wink: But his question was:
S-GTI-R said:
will a organic b ok 4 around 380-400bhp :?:
and not 330bhp/lbft :wink: .

rob

F

fiecos dan

Opps, didnt read the thread. lol

400bhp = paddle then :lol:

O

Odin

fiecos dan said:
Opps, didnt read the thread. lol

Typical ford man lol, By the way Dan how you getting on with your motor?, Any updates new stuff?. As you know I'm not a big fan of the rusty oval but your car is one of my favorites :shock: :D .

rob

pulsar_stu

deisel weasel said:
pulsar_stu said:
deisel weasel said:
2 different clutches for 2 different jobs :roll:

like comparing chalk and cheese
So why dont you tell him whats what :roll:
theres a button up the top with the word 'search' the question would answer itself if he bothered to take 5 mins to use it.

He hasn't said what power he runs, or whether he's going to be running more in the forseeable feature, he hasn't said what sort of driving he does all he's done is asked which one is better, they're both for different applications :roll:

if you're that bothered about me not telling him why didn't you tell him yourself :wink: :lol:
ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO touchy arnt we :lol: :lol: :lol:
If i knew the difference between them i would of :lol: :lol: :wink:

F

fiecos dan

S-GTI-R said:
which 6 paddle do u recommend?

i run a AP in my xr2tt, and done 20k, and hundreds of 1/4 miles, and still like new,

and A Helix in my cossie, and 5k miles, inc hundreds of sprints and 4 trackdays and still good. thats with 450-500bhp and same lb/ft.

vpulsar said:
By the way Dan how you getting on with your motor?, Any updates new stuff?. As you know I'm not a big fan of the rusty oval but your car is one of my favorites :shock: :D .
rob

Not done much to it, as just brought a house, :(

Its running a new Gt30 turbo, a new Ecu, that i've mapped. and played with the handleing.

Gona put it on a set of Dyno Dynamics rollers in the next month or so, and run it up at different Boost to see wots its putting out,
Then get it ready for a this summer & a few thrashes at Brunters/Pod and trackdays

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
fiecos dan said:

What about the RPS Max Street organic?

It claims 475lbft from an organic clutch :wink: There ain't too many motors pulling that torque on here yet tho to prove or disprove it.

F

fiecos dan

you could be right.

But i would only use a paddle on mine, as organic causes to much heat.

and i dont mind the way paddle's drive, and both my cars are used on the road.

Dooie Pop Pop

fiecos dan said:
you could be right.

But i would only use a paddle on mine, as organic causes to much heat.
which is what happened to mine, not too good for dragging :lol: as the weasle said its horses for courses :wink: