Clutch fork conversion

Cathode

Just browsing the ads on ebay for Pulsars and came across this in an explanation:

"Nismo pivot fork and reinforced clutch fork installed and fitted and a new master cylinder, off a nissan navara as its a good conversion"

i have often read or come across something of this nature but never really looked deep into it and wouldn't know where to start.

Can anyone spare a bit of time and patience to brush over what this all means and why it's a good idea, if it's that at all or a "good conversion"

Many thanks in advance

Simon

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just browsing the ads on ebay for Pulsars and came across this in an explanation:

"Nismo pivot fork and reinforced clutch fork installed and fitted and a new master cylinder, off a nissan navara as its a good conversion"

i have often read or come across something of this nature but never really looked deep into it and wouldn't know where to start.

Can anyone spare a bit of time and patience to brush over what this all means and why it's a good idea, if it's that at all or a "good conversion"

Many thanks in advance

Simon
What kind of clutch do you run, is it super heavy?

Many people had to reinfored their clutch fork because performance clutches can be very heavy and they spring forces were so strong they would bend/puncture the clutch fork.

Mine had punctured a hole though the release fork making gear changes almost impossible.

I ended up having some 4 or 6 mm steel welded over the fork and make sure it wouldn't bend or punture the fork again - which it has.

This nismo pivot fork is a waste of money IMO, its a pivot point behind the clutch release fork...

1665409710899.png

Mine is the standard one and I've never had an issue

https://www.nissanraceshop.com/product/nismo-clutch-fork-pivot-ball-s13-s14/ <---- Link to a Nismo Clutch Fork Pivot Ball...

As for the Navara master cylinder...I used the bog standard OEM GTiR unit with a brake support bracket that was available at the time. (see pic's below)

I run K-Sport 6 POT brakes on the front and standard on the rear and the standard master cylinder was perfectly fine.
I've never needed to upgrade the system.

When the car comes back on the road I will look to upgrade the rear system at some point, but it might need a little help if I change to a AP Racing rear conversion...

Overall I'd look at welding some steel over the fork the next time it comes out, but the rest of the items aren't really needed unless you're having problems.

I'd look at making sure you've got the clutch support bracket (a small bracket by the clutch peddle)

99% of cars should have this item fitted by now, but worth quick check...

Link to that bracket -- Clutch Pedal Support Bracket

I have a braided line for the clutch piston on the gearbox.

Braided lines all round for the brakes

That's it really!

Cathode

yes, i do run a - in my opinion - heavy clutch but it's nothing special. I don't think that it so heavy that it should be a cause for concern. i say that after reading your well informed write up.

Thanks for this Andy, it was interesting to read. I've learnt a lot from you on here over the years and i appreciate you taking the time to upload those images to make it just that bit clearer.

Awesome stuff!