'Clunky' doors

S

Stoned

Does anyone elses doors feel like they dont close right?

When I close my drivers door it feels like it's catching on something like it's sunk down or something.

Visually it seems to be at the correct height however :(

Keira

Hinges have probably dropped. mine have :(

Another job on the list of jobs that i havn't quite managed to get round to doing :roll:

BenD

Yea, deffo hinges i would say, i have the same problem, and is quite common by the sounds of it.

I think the hinges are about £17 from Nissan

Cheers

Ben

S

Stoned

Ah righty

Are they hard to replace? :)

I miss not having a Haynes manual for my car!!

Dont suppose anyone knows what Nissan charge for new hinges?

BenD

Hinges cost £17.80 each from nissan, to fit and paint £76.00

Robbed from a post by 'PI555ED'

Cheers

Ben

Websnowbo

Not too bad to fit, make sure you wedge the door up on a few pieces of wood/crate etc then swap em.

All the holes are bigger than the bolts to allow alignment but it can be an arse to get it right.

Be careful on your first shut of the door in case its out of line! It may touch wing.......you've been warned.

O

one Gti-R

Websnowbo said:
Not too bad to fit, make sure you wedge the door up on a few pieces of wood/crate etc then swap em.

All the holes are bigger than the bolts to allow alignment but it can be an a**e to get it right.

Be careful on your first shut of the door in case its out of line! It may touch wing.......you've been warned.
exactly.

Its an easy job but take your time and do it right the first time :wink:

K

KrissJ

My driver's side door doesn't look like its quite shut properly when it is. The back of the door slightly sticks out and its worst at the top of the door. It causes it to rattle a bit at speed and on bumpy roads.

I know the car's never been broken into or anything like that so does anyone know what's wrong and if I can fix it? Would it be the hinges set wrong or something?

1000ny

"BURN RUBBER DOES NOT MEAN WARP SPEED!"

completly off topic but what film is this line from cos its driving me mad.

i know it, but i just cant think.

oh..err.. and my doors have dropped too. on every sunny i`ve had.

K

KrissJ

LOL!!! :lol:

Glad its been recognised :D Its off The Lost Boys, an all time CLASSIC! Corey Feldman (Mouth out of the Goonies - another classic) says it when they leg it in Grandad's car after goin in the vampire's cave & steakin a couple of em.

Excellent! :D :D 8)

1000ny

i remember now, i was thinking "spaceballs" for some reason (another classic).

top film, top line! 8)

P

P1555ED

Going back to topic!

Had mine fitted so called "professionally" but they still managed to catch wing and door and take the paint off and also dropped door on sill, putting dint in it and taking paint off. Altho paint is flaking off all plastic bits by itself as it was never primed properly (it's Nickg123's old car!! :evil: )

Think I'll do it myself next time!

Door shuts perfectly now though without hardly touching it.

Had it fitted by a garage due to reading posts on here saying it was an absolute tw@t to fit.