Clunk on pulling off from a halt?

J

Jon

it seems to be slowly getting louder.
when pulling off from stop there is a clunking sort of sound coming from the front underside of the car? i can slighlty feel it through the steering wheel
like something's loose maybe :?: anybody had similar..
Jon

jonee

noise

hi,does it get worse if you have the steering on full lock if so it sounds like a cv joint

J

Jon

it's deffo not the cv, wheel bearing or on the wheels at all as i know how they sound when they're on there way out..(live in a very bad area for pot holes/bumps & crap roads) replaced cv's & all wheel bearings last year,
if i'm parking up & turn the steering wheel 180 degs either way quickly it makes a creaking sort of squeaky noise!
couldnt be the steering rack could it?
(going back up to Hiteq soon to have the car set back to 1.2 bar after running in new engine..
think i better let Ian have a look hey?
cheers
Jon

GTIR-LOZ

maybe check that your lower ball joints are ok, creaking may be due to the gasket on the top of the shocks worn out

sypher

if you can get this to happen every time with the handbrake on and not actually driving u could take it to a garage u trust and get it checked on a 4 post lift

J

Jon

hmm, yes.could be a ball joint..will check it out..cheers
..think i'm gonna get new shocks next week as i know one on the rear has been leaking for a while?
Jon