Clio-SR20DET hybrid

deank93

I was looking on clio-net recently and found a 1.2 clio that had been fitted with an Evo lump and running gear making it 4WD, now although this car was a massive barry wagon with the WORST kit i've ever seen i was impressed by the conversion and it got me thinking.......would an SR20DET lump and running gear fit in a clio Williams? that would be a great street sleeper and would suprise a few cars at the lights! and how costly would a conversion like that be?

Dean.

Isn't the Willy Clio already a 2 litre? Wouldn't it be easier / cheaper to turbocharge or supercharge the existing lump?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
deank93 said:
I was looking on clio-net recently and found a 1.2 clio that had been fitted with an Evo lump and running gear making it 4WD, now although this car was a massive barry wagon with the WORST kit i've ever seen i was impressed by the conversion and it got me thinking.......would an SR20DET lump and running gear fit in a clio Williams? that would be a great street sleeper and would suprise a few cars at the lights! and how costly would a conversion like that be?

Dean.

Stop being gay and go get your car setup for next season!... :thumbsup:

Rishi

gtirx2

When i was looking about for bits to get my uno turbo back on the road for a cheap run around i came across this little uno 4x4 i think with a lancia delta lump and drivetrain in this thing looks like a street sleeper also shame its from a different country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOELWoFgs3U

niklock1

The williams is a 2ltr but it gets its speed from the fact that is so light, a normal 1.8 16v is just as quick when tuned. i think the way to go would be with a 4x4 panda you can get em for 300 quid lol

JAMMA

deank93 said:

Dean.

I hope this isnt the Clio your talking about:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156448

deank93

ashleygtir said:
aint there a company that only do renaults and they can charge a willy clio and get 300bhp?????
The issue then is getting 300bhp through the front wheels, thats why i like the idea of the evo/pulsar running gear.

bopper

i know a guy building a 400bhp ren 5 with renault 19 bottom end and 2litre clio top end. Dont know how thats gonna get grip

MORF114

OH MY GOD that is ****ing awfull who would do that to a car only things that looks good are the wheels that is ...words cant describe that.

should of left it a street sleeper.

GTiR_Mic

That Clio is rank if you ask me.

My mate is still in the process of making his Punto GT into a Lancia Deltla Turbo 4x4 car.

Mic

Cris

You'd be better off sticking an SR20 into a K11 Micra. They will fit and there's a fair amount of kit for the K11 as they are used as entry level rally cars.

If you stuck GTIR wheels and brakes (apparently they bolt up) you have something pretty stealthy and quick.

If you're really keen buy a crappy old FIAT Tipo (like mine!) and drop in the Coupe turbo engine and 4wd Lancia Dedra running gear (based on the same platform see).

Or do this: http://www.mi16turbo.co.uk/

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Anyone done a mid engined Micra yet, now that would be very funny. Would it be much more difficult than getting an SR20 to fit in the first place?

Cris

Yep. There was another one floating about the Micra forum too. Haven't been there in a while so not sure it it's still in progress.

LOU ROB

There was a clio in Dp motorsort a while back that had a cosworth lump in it and the cosworth 4 wheel drive system in it as well. Quite a nippy little thing.

F

flan

I Thought about the pulsar running gear in a Clio but it would make it as heavy as a Pulsar. a std Clio Williams is 980kg

Thats why i fitted an Audi TT engine in my clio

zxczxc

if you knew the amounts of problems you get with clio's you wouldnt bother

ive had a couple of williams and a few valvers

i would stick to the pulsar as it it to be honest the williams are very overated if you ask me my 106 gti keeps up with them

isnt the pulsar only about 150 kg heavier anyway?

make more sense just to strip the gtir down to get the same weight as a clio..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
flan said:
I Thought about the pulsar running gear in a Clio but it would make it as heavy as a Pulsar. a std Clio Williams is 980kg

Thats why i fitted an Audi TT engine in my clio
It wouldn't make it as heavy as a Gtir. Swapping bits for lighter stuff on my car, I'm aiming for an easy 1080kg, so the Clio should be able to come in under that.
Was that the 20V audi engine? Same one as Grant parker has in his 10sec golf?