Cleaning the engine bay?

S

Stoned

Been doing some long journeys recently on the foul roads and my engine bay is now covered in grey filth

I want to clean it off, but not f**k anything up. Some people just take it to their local jetwash and spray it all. Can I get away with this?

Cheers :D

Stevo

best thing to do is this. spray engine gunk from halfords and warm engine up, then take battery out and cover terminals up in a plastic bag, also cover induction kit.
then get a hoses or jet spray on the block obviously dont apply to much pressure on manifolds etc. then allow to dry put battery back on and prey it start :wink: :lol:

Mr GTiR

Stevo said:
best thing to do is this. spray engine gunk from halfords and warm engine up, then take battery out and cover terminals up in a plastic bag, also cover induction kit.
then get a hoses or jet spray on the block obviously dont apply to much pressure on manifolds etc. then allow to dry put battery back on and prey it start :wink: :lol:
FO0K THAT!! There's only one way to clean an engine bay:

F

floppy_dave

use halfords CD2 i swear by it , gets the whole bay looking sweet

Mark_GTiR

Stevo said:
Good stuff that gunk - I used it on mine

S

stomski

dont waste money on halfrauds stuff, just a nice bucket of wahing up liquid and a few cloths will get it gleaming mate (andy chan can come round mine and take it all out and clean if he wants) :wink: :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Stoned said:
Some people just take it to their local jetwash and spray it all. Can I get away with this?

Cheers :D
You can get away with it if you're careful and avoid spraying anything electrical. The chances are tho, you'll end up getting water in the electrics and screwing the car up for a short while at least. I'd realy advise against it

A

antilag

the engine bay took andy 3 weeks of solid croaching and scrubbing u can see in the pic his women placed the bucket for andy to poo in

also i must add thats the same bucket she fed him from :wink:

T

Tart

Fast Guy said:
You can get away with it if you're careful and avoid spraying anything electrical. The chances are tho, you'll end up getting water in the electrics and screwing the car up for a short while at least. I'd realy advise against it
Plus your then stuck at the jetwash, prob with a queue behind you and you'll look like such a TIT!!!! :lol:

1000ny

i steam cleaned mine and the car ran crap for about a week. then it was alright again.