cleaning engine and bay

lee lee

As above please people, my engine is out and i need to clean the bay up as much as poss just wondering whats the best stuff to use? and where to get it from please people?
also for my engine and gear box casing,i just want to spruce it up befor it goes back in :-D

lee lee

??? lol sorry lads but paints not a option at mo as it will all be done fully next year when the rebuild happens but i just wanted to clean it all up as its NEVER been cleaned :( just wanted it to be presentable for the moment

saddler

lee lee said:
will this be strong enough to make a diffrence to a filthy engine and bay?:lol:
Its very good yes.!!. you may need to repeat application to get the job done but it works well and its easy to buy from most shops.... Now if you want strong..try Bilt Hamber Surfex HD @10:1 Mix or if that dosnt move it then try either 5:1 or 4:1.
http://www.bilthamber.com/surfex-howto.html
hope this helps...

lee lee

cool going to order that strong stuff mate, but is it safe to clean everything on the engine and also could i use this to clean up the bay and paint in the bay please?

saddler

lee lee said:
cool going to order that strong stuff mate, but is it safe to clean everything on the engine and also could i use this to clean up the bay and paint in the bay please?
Engine bay at 10/1
but tbh if you buy some Autoglym Cleaner from halford and get some brushes you would be very happy with the results,,;-)