Civic type R gave it a go

SickBoy

sat at the lights and the type r pulls up along side , some kiddie bout 20ish sat there. You can see the look on his face saying you know my car is super duper warp 9 fast :lol:

Lights change off he goes , waited before i launch incase he did not go for it ( not worth stress on the gear box ) he got about a car length ahead and away i went bloody hell nearly broke me neck :lol: into second level now pulled ahead into 3rd , my best gear seems to pull ultra hard in 3rd and away we went . by the time i hit 4th he was a beaten boy

He pulled up at the next round about and if looks could kill ,you can see his mind working , " Ive got a 15K mega car nothing can beat it why has this J reg thing p*ssed on me"

Never had a go with a type r its reasuring to know how slow they are :lol: :lol: not sure wot there like on the twisty stuff though

Lee

JIMMYBACK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: another civic type r owner bites the dust.........another reason to keep it.we need to keep the civic in check :lol: :lol: :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've had a play with a couple now. One of them was not far behind me on the road from a rolling start, if he was standard I'm impressed, the rest were pretty slow. I've never had a go with one from a standstill.

Carlb

theres one near me that seems to go pretty well chiped decated etc.... "whoops scoobs" apparently but i dont know been in a couple when i worked at honda never thought they were that impressive standard they dont feel like 197 horse but perhaps they tune well!

abyss

i did a 5k launch against one, was at the next set of light. He was still spinning on the line. Not as quick as the R but nice cars i like the fact you don't have to lift off the throttle when changing gear.

J

jiw

I had a challenge with a mates type r whilst in the evo

Whooped him in the straights, i kept waiting for him and to be honest when we got the roundabouts into the equation (lots of third exit stuff)

He didnt do too bad, he does know how to drive though

Roll on 370 bhp next week :lol:

pulsar_stu

SickBoy said:
sat at the lights and the type r pulls up along side , some kiddie bout 20ish sat there. You can see the look on his face saying you know my car is super duper warp 9 fast :lol:

Lights change off he goes , waited before i launch incase he did not go for it ( not worth stress on the gear box ) he got about a car length ahead and away i went bloody hell nearly broke me neck :lol: into second level now pulled ahead into 3rd , my best gear seems to pull ultra hard in 3rd and away we went . by the time i hit 4th he was a beaten boy

He pulled up at the next round about and if looks could kill ,you can see his mind working , " Ive got a 15K mega car nothing can beat it why has this J reg thing p*ssed on me"

Never had a go with a type r its reasuring to know how slow they are :lol: :lol: not sure wot there like on the twisty stuff though

Lee
Great kill mate :wink:

i have had 2 runs with type R's and whooped them on 1bar :lol:
i had a run with an evo8 last week and whooped him aswell :shock: :D :p :twisted:

J

jpward

Mate of mine has an integra R and shes quick thou of the lights this time of year is a joke :lol:

But open road she goes well would asume the civic would be similar

mattygti-r

Ive been playing with RX-7s today :lol: hehehe

0.5 bar and it whooped the FD :lol:

Civics...i dont even bother with, most are fooking mental drivers around 18yrs old

had a few in the pulsar though, wouldnt say they were amazingly fast

J

justin666

Only ever played wiv one... and i lost :( :oops: :oops: 1.1bar and I couldnt tounch it...!!!! Found out later on tho that it was FULLY stripped out, turbo'd and runnin nitrous.!!!! Didnt feel quite so bad then :)

Not bothered with any since then cause im scared.!!! I need to face my fears i think :( help me...

J.

GTiRlover

Although all I ever read on here is peeps saying they're slow I still have respect for them cos from a rolling start standard vs standard the Type R woudn't be very far behind the R at all :(

Obvisously from a standing start an R running 1 bar plus would nail it... :twisted:

S

Stoned

A standard CTR would thrash a standard GTI-R!

They are quick cars

G

gdm1984

Hey guys, ive had both a civic type r and then a faster DC2 integra type r, in terms of straightline speed the integra was quicker teg 1/4 mile was 13.6 and civic was 14.7 and both were quite heavily tuned, i have only had a pulsar for a month now but they are by far quicker in a straight line and would even beat the type r civic round the twisties but you would have to have some specially tuned suspension to beat the teg round the twisties, the teg is by far my favourite car for both looks and performance, as an all round package its hard to beat for about 7k!

tee

had a play withtboth the teg and the CTR a few months ago in the sx, off the lights had the teg next to me at the lights and the CTR behind the teg,

whopped both of them for joke :shock:

P

prnnts

i had a piece with 1.....
only running 0.5 bar.and i pissed on him....
but had 1 b4 ..their f*ing quik cars 4 non turbo...

GTiRlover

If I had to sell the R (only for a life saving operation mind, even then I'd think twice :lol: ) I would seriously consider a Type R EK9 8) A proper type R 8)

geoff pine

got both the type r is new just a couple of months old . of the line the gtir kills it for aceleration it just feels faster in 1st and 2nd third . if i boot the honda it just spins its wheel in the wet or in the dry. but with 300 bhp and some diff modefications the honda is going to be fun to drive and will be more reliable.