CHOOSING GEARS

G

gagge

What kind of upgraded gears should I go for?

At the moment Ive got 382BHP and 366lbf of torque. I need some gears that can hold the power and torque without braking.

PAR ?
Quaffe?

any other brands? Just give me all tips youve got, maybe some of you have own experience of the gears??

thanks in advance

/gagge the swedish GTi-R King...

GINGA

The general opinion seems to be that quaife is the better option to go for at the moment as its easier to fit and get working correctly 8) also supposedly Hiteq can supply and fit the gearset with all new synchro's etc for around the £2100 mark if you supply the gearbox to them :wink:

G

gagge

That sounded good.. But Ive heard the quaffe gears are only safe to about 350HP. Any opinions about that?

How do I get in contact with Hiteq? I know Ian at Hiteq has built my car but that was when the old owner had it in the UK. At the moment its (the car) living here in cold Sweden.

regards
Gagge

S

stuart rawlinson

It will hold lots more than 350bhp its got some thickness to it

G

gagge

Yeah I hope so.. anyone got any adress wher I can get in contact with quaffie???

G

GODZUKI

gears

I heard someone was runing a halfdog box will that not handle
that kind of power then.

S

Sirnixalot

the type of gear set synchro or dog engagment doesnt automatically denote the amount of power it can handle. Dog boxes arent neccessarily stronger but they CAN be built stronger than a synchro box.

The dog gears can be alot thicker because there arent any synchros taking up that same space.

Par makes the 1/2dog box. There have been a few people who have had machining trouble with the PAR gears...granted this shouldnt be but anyways...not here to say that, no one has disproved the gears' ability to handle their said power rating (to MY knowledge). Ill be going for a PAR when i can afford it either off a friend or having Ivan's gearbox man build me one over there and then have a whole box boated over.