chitty chitty bang bang

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Hey guys. i have recently aquired a Sunny. Just a 1.4 Carb. It is an L reg LX. The problem is mainly it seems when the car is warm. It runs fine when cold, but when warm it can sometimes judder and splutter slightly. Mostly when pulling away. I will pull off and all of a sudden there is a loss in power and i feel like a learner driver kangaroo'ing :lol:
It can happen anytime it seems. i put my foot down sometimes and it stops and goes, stops and goes. It is begining to do my head in.
I have just replaced the sparkplugs. I am going to replace the dizzy cap and rotor arm on wednesday. See how thing are after that. I am not really a mechanical genious like some of you may be.
Could anyone shed some light on the matter before i get angry :evil:
Cheers guys :wink:

Here is the little blighter

Bobster

topcat

problem is well known to sunnys and primeras with carbs.... there r some adjustments u can make..but depends how bad it is to the difference u will find. also these require some degree of skill to carry out. u will also need a C.O meter. i could write a full page on this subject as in 92-94 i was doing shi* loads of them. PM me for details...
ps.. this is gti-r forum..ahh well.. u could always bung the R engine and running gear on :DD

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply topcat. I know it is an "R" forum. But everyone seems to be nice. I am sure they dont mind :p
What would be involved putting an "R" lump in mine? For a later date.
PM sent BTW cheers topcat :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.