Cheap t3/t04e on ebay?

gtirx2

Are these turbos any good?Mine has just died a very smokey death and i need a cheap turbo and at around £360 with ex wastegate it seems realy cheap?
I know nothing about turbos and after buying a stage 2 hybrid for my little uno years back i was always a little disaponted with it and don't want to make the same mistake and buy a£700+ stage123 t28 and not push the boost i want.
Saying that i am not to concerned about this t3/t4 turbo on ebay boost wise, its just the price is so cheap and if i could make it work and push more boost than the standed t28 i would be happy for now:?
In the future i am after around 380-430bhp with good low down torque but turbos to push this power are roller bearing £1000+ pounders and i don't have that sort of cash.
Any info on turbos would be handy as i know nothing thanks :oops:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I normally don't just tell people to do a seach but in this case you really must...

Stay away from the eBay turbos... They are cheap because they are not only complete missmatches and so quote silly power but they aren't designed for performance use.. It will literally last you about 100miles if you're lucky...

Do a seach as you will see this has been discussed several times... There are also some good examples of people who have tried these turbos with some bad failures...

Rishi

gtirx2

Thanks for the replys guys i think in my heart i knew the ebay turbos were a bit dogey and i just needed to here it from someone else:)
I think i am going to have to bite the bullet and shell out a bit more than i wanted too but saying that i have done a bit of a search on here and it has led me to atp turbos who seem to be very good value for money8)
I have behine looking at the gt2871r or the gt3071r witch seem to fit the bill but i need to learn more about A/Rs trims etc.
Thanks rich.

gtirx2

Yer i have behine seaching on here for a while know and i think i got my mind set on the gt3071r from atpturbo but i don't know what one just yet.
I like the looks of the one with the 4inch inlet and the 0,86a/r housing because i think someone on here said the one with the 0.64 housing can suffer from boost creep?
What are the advantages of the 4 inch inlet over the 2.75 inlet one?And from looking at the pictures would the compresser housing need turning a little to sit were the standed t28 sits pointing up?
Thank for any more help:-D

T

tro||

boost creep is down to the internal gate and people running gay boost levels,

MarkTurbo

You'll need to rotate the housing to fit it on a Gti-R (which isnt a hard job to do) and they dont come with actuators either so you'd need to get a bracket made up for that too ;-)

gtirx2

Oh ok so i need to knock up a aculator bracket will the standed t28 bracket not fit?
And i think if i fit the 4 inch inlet one i need to fit a spacer between the head and manifold but does anyone know how thick this should be or were to get one from or what matirial would be best to make one out of?Also what are the differences between the 4 inch and 2.75 inch power/boost wise is the 2.75 quicker to spool up than the 4 inch and can the 4inch push more boost than the 2.75inch?
Cheers rich

MarkTurbo

I'm not sure what differance the 4" inlet makes over the 2.75" one but the 3071 with the 4" inlet has a .86 exhaust housing so it'll make more power but have slightly more lag than the one with the 2.75" inlet because that only has a .64 exhaust housing ;-)

I'd like to know about the inlets too though :-D