Changing back from the bumpsteer kit to OE rod ends !

youngsyp

Guys,

I've been playing with the idea of switching back from the bumpsteer kit to standard rod ends. Has anyone done this and did they notice much if any difference in turn in and general handling charateristics ?

I'm just a little tired of changing the rose joints in the bumpsteer kit every 4 months or so and it feels like a waste of money when I could be spending it on making the car go faster :twisted: :D

Last ditch effort would be to try the 'recommended' motorsport grade rose joints and see if they improve things ?!

Steve Pudney, how are you getting on with your motorsport grade ends ?

Cheers

Paul

youngsyp

Cris said:
Wonder why you chaps are having such issues.

Are you perhaps running big wheels?
Not big but, heavy maybe. I'm running 16"x7" Compomotive MO's !

I can kind of see where you are going with that but, I would have thought that should be imaterial due to the location of the steering arm and the way in which it pivots ! I could be wrong though ! I'm also running 308mm discs so, if the wheels have any bearing on things, so will these !

Just as a back ground, I have gone through one Powerstation kit, one Gordon Kay kit and 2 sets of replacement rose joints in about a year to a year and a half ! Admitedly, the the Powerstation kit didn't have boots on the rose joints and the first Gordon Kay kit had them but, without grease in them but, they seem to be wearing out quicker, with the grease ?!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I must admit I didn't get to the stage where my Gordon Kay set were bug-gerd I just changed to the Motorsort ones as recommended.

The motorsport ones are visibly better quality and much tighter once fitted I've had no problems so far and very pleased I made the change.

Steve

youngsyp

Steve,

How are you securing the rose joint in the sleeve, are you using a lock nut or threadlock or, just doing it up really tight ? Also, have you used the recommended spacers with the MS parts or not ?

Cheers

Paul