Cat

mr_nismo

Hi;

After a cat on behalf of a mate....

Not looking to spend much if possible - working condition of the cat not important as long as it doesn't blow too much.. for a ;-) mot!

PM me if you have one.

Cheers

ive got one, its abit dirty been in my yard today in the rain, she does work last time i looked she had a mouse in her gob. doesnt blow, but does scratch!

Animaldaz

mr_nismo said:
Hi;

After a cat on behalf of a mate....

Not looking to spend much if possible - working condition of the cat not important as long as it doesn't blow too much.. for a ;-) mot!

PM me if you have one.

Cheers
As above you dont need a cat on any age pulsar to pass the mot, even sunny gtir's arent on the system so they dont need a cat either.

What your asking doesnt make alot of sense, if you wanted it for an mot then working condition is very important, unless its to quieten down a very loud system.

Do enlighten us.

mr_nismo

Well his mate who works as a tester said it should have one but wont test the emissions on the test - just wanted a cat to be there so it looks legit infront of others who work there sort of thing?

Didn't realise you didn't need one!

P

pulsarboby

unless you have the written letter from nissan stating that the car is an import and does not need to fall in line with current uk emission laws, then the tester is quite within his rights to fail the vehicle on emissions ie'lack of cat' you need to get a copy of that letter from someone to allow vehicle to be tested under the pre 92 non cat emissions test.

only testers which are aware of the situation will overlook this law.
unless of course the car is pre 92 and you wont need the letter anyway.

azboy

no cars need a cat they just have to pass stated emissions for the year, u dont need any letter for a sunny or pulsar gtir, simple if ur car fails ask for a appeal form they will soon recheck the emission procedures