Cat temp sensor for mongoose

Nad

AFAIK and can see it goes into the silencer which is there instead of the cat. Can I just cut the cable as I want to get rid of the plug in the car, its the last one on the large plug I have pulled all the seatbelt wires out of etc.

Ta

Nad

sypher

I'd think so, i pressume its just two wires +15 and 31 so as long as you cut it with ign' off or neg battery off should be ok and then just insulate individually ( or reading your other posts you'll remove as much of it as poss' ).

Nad

Well they are the last two wires into a 10pin plug. Pulled the others out and left the cat temp wires wasnt, sure. Well i think i will take them out and just leave one half of the plug there incase.

Nad

M

Mr Overboooost

you dont need the cat temp sensor you can just unplug it as i did with mine apparently its only there for the jap mot.

cheers
gary

Mr GTiR

gtir.spares said:
you dont need the cat temp sensor you can just unplug it as i did with mine apparently its only there for the jap mot.

cheers
gary
if you take it out make sure the probe does not earth out on the floorpan :wink:

L

leeboy

ye, dont let it touch the floor, caus the cat light will come on

Nad

Will just chop the wire off where it comes out of the sensor, that or should I just unscrew it and put a bolt in there??

Nad

M

Mr Overboooost

unscrew it and fill the hole with a bolt and tyewrap the sensor underneath the car :D

Nad

gtir.spares said:
unscrew it and fill the hole with a bolt and tyewrap the sensor underneath the car :D
If i fill it with a bolt the sensor is coming out totally!!

Nad