Cast Iron T3 Manifold

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes if you've got a T3 series turbo (like a 3076 or 3071) and an external wastegate (to go on the wastegate flange - failing that, the blanking plate for it). - If you've got a standard or uprated T2 series turbo you'll find that it won't fit.

As always, I'm happy to be corrected.

GTI-R Nath

yeah i knew that the standard turbo wouldn't fit it, i was 1st planning on putting a GT3071R 0.64AR on the standard manifold, but since i got this manifold so cheep, I am now planing on going for a T3 fitment GT3071R with a external wastegate

P

pulsarboby

lol youll need to top mount it then as the flange is the wrong way round ie upside down

GTI-R Nath

lol youll need to top mount it then as the flange is the wrong way round ie upside down
oops didn't notice that, it didn't say anything about it being a top mount in the description, damm you e-bay lol... ill probably just sell it then coz it probably more hassle than its worth, top mounting a turbo, ad least i should be able to get more than £1.04 anyway if i resell it lol

Mad

The main problem with the Top Mount Manifolds are that they spin the turbo backwards.

On a serious note, you will need to check your gaps between the turbo and radiator and allow for fans and movement in the engine when underload otherwise it will put large holes in your Rad or just wont fit if the radiator if too thick.

gtir350

True,

Yep, Ive ran this top mount setup before, just on a ebay top mount manifold, now swapping to cast.

I designed the rad to sit in the in the air con location,

red reading

The main problem with the Top Mount Manifolds are that they spin the turbo backwards.

On a serious note, you will need to check your gaps between the turbo and radiator and allow for fans and movement in the engine when underload otherwise it will put large holes in your Rad or just wont fit if the radiator if too thick.
WTF are you on about spin the turbo backwards?

skiddusmarkus

Come on chaps, you're smarter than this(some of you :p), it was a joke.

BTW can that v-band cli n the turbine be rotated cos thats a hole in your rad waiting to happen?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That's why it has to face the other way, so that you counter-act it spinning backwards!