CAS help please

markweatherill

Can anyone confirm that the GtiR CAS looks like this inside:

...and, once that middle screw is removed, does the optical disc locate on the shaft by a circular hole with a flat side?
If it does, that is the kind I need.:?
Thanks.

markweatherill

I now understand that the CAS is inside the distributor!
But can anyone confirm the optical disc looks like the one pictured - and does it fit under the rotor arm on the same kind of shaft?
I read somewhere that the GtiR distributor and DE series engine distributors are interchangeable. Well, if the CAS is the same I'll be happy.
Help...

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Here was my own experience which seemed bitter at first but was nothing to do with the company who worked very hard to help me out.

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47148&highlight=cas

Your picture looks similar to mine but I can't comment on the signals from the CAS.

Take the centre main screw out the centre and then the cover plate has 3 screws. I have pictures of it all and Iwas going to do a "how to" but no one else seemed to have problems and it was easier just to swap the whole distributor.

Its not hard to dismantle as long as you are careful. Once you have the CAS out you can look at the part number and check it against the ones from the website in my link.