Carpet cleaning...

J

jasegould

Soz mods, didnt know where to post...

Whats the best way to clean the carpet from my car, ive taken it right out of the car but want to more than just hoover it. has anyone used the spray on/vac off stuff...any good?
Jay

moved-Hannie

geetee

I've used 1001 Carpet Cleaner and a pressure washer with car shampoo feed before now......

Good results but they were about 3 shades lighter.... not sure if that was the dirt lifting off or the harsh chemicals.

Alternatively take em down your local laundrette and whilst the biddy is on lunch sling em in the oversize washer :lol:

If they are genuine Pulsar Mats.... sell them for an extortionate price and take a holiday with the proceeds..... then you don't need to worry about cleaning them. Tell em it's genuine Nippon Rally dirt and to clean it would decrease the value. :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

bugger... too many Stellas...

Carpet not mats... :oops:

Still fit it in the laundrette machine :lol:

Honestly, I'd be careful about getting it wet to clean it... it may shrink or deform as it dries - may never fit again.

Looks like shake n vac is your best bet but it isn't going to remove any marks or stains.... might smell nice though... if you like the smell of gents bogs that is :lol:

Cheers

Websnowbo

Best thing is to hire a water vac thing from a tool hire shop. They cost something like 10 quid a day and are sh1t hot.

I've scrubbed and scrubbed before using a pressure washer and cleaned em with a stiff yard brush too.

Hire a vac mate, you can do the seats then too.

J

jasegould

Thats what Im prob gona do, but Im tight so wanted to see if there was a cheaper option!!

antgtir

It depends how long you are gonna have the carpet out the car for.

If its for a reasonable time then i would pressure wash it as much as you can (no detergents etc, just water) and then let it naturally dry, then use the shake and vac.

Or you could just try the vax first but like you say thats money, which could go towards 3 miles worth of fuel lol :roll: :lol: