carbon goodies!!!

G

gtir henners

hey guys, right heres a story for you, met a guy in the pub when i was a bit trollied the other night. got chatting to him and he works for a small firm moulding carbon fiber with all the proper vaccum systems and ovens. seen some of his work and its top noch, he's currently making me some front wings up and also all 4 arch extensions as seperate pieces, not moulded into the front wings as i recogn that'd look kak. hes also moulding the bump strips down the side of the car (6 pieces). would anyone else be interested in these parts or got ideas on some parts that would be popular on the board as hes more keen to make the moulds for the parts if theres going to be interest. my wings are arriving on the 1st of feb so i can get some photos up. ive also mentioned dash's, door cards, side skirts etc[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

G

gtir henners

sorry was ment to add any one interested to the bottom of that lol

G

gtir henners

antgtir said:
Jap style rear number plate surround?

Ant.
what do you mean by jap style bud, didnt realise there were 2 types...photo?

Mr GTiR

gtir henners said:
hey guys, right heres a story for you, met a guy in the pub when i was a bit trollied the other night. got chatting to him and he works for a small firm moulding carbon fiber with all the proper vaccum systems and ovens. seen some of his work and its top noch, he's currently making me some front wings up and also all 4 arch extensions as seperate pieces, not moulded into the front wings as i recogn that'd look kak. hes also moulding the bump strips down the side of the car (6 pieces). would anyone else be interested in these parts or got ideas on some parts that would be popular on the board as hes more keen to make the moulds for the parts if theres going to be interest. my wings are arriving on the 1st of feb so i can get some photos up. ive also mentioned dash's, door cards, side skirts etc[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
I'm sure i've read this same exact post before :?

antgtir

gtir henners said:
what do you mean by jap style bud, didnt realise there were 2 types...photo?
The jap style rear number plate surround is the square number plate version. if you compare to a UK R, the UK version is rectangular.

If you have the Jap R then look at the tailgate and you will see the black plastic section that houses the number plate, thats the bit im talking about.

You could do both Jap and UK versions as i know some on here prefer the UK style to that of the Jap.

Ant.

G

gtir henners

ah yea sorry an i know what you on about, yep ok ill look into that, sid skirts are on the list also!! wings wil be here in a few days so ill get sme photos up!!

B

Bennymc

Mr GTiR said:
I'm sure i've read this same exact post before :?
It's on the modifiers site. Has been for some while... I guess you saw it there!?

Mr GTiR

Also, if your offering group buys on products can you please contact Odin (Rob) to get it sorted out.

G

gtir henners

hey guys sorry been away for the weekend, Mr gtir you right bud, ive got this on the other forum aswell! oh and morf114, believe what you want chap to be honest, photos should be available by sunday if not early next week!

antgtir

What about when people want to remove the rear seats for track and maybe tidy up the section of the R, so maybe some sort of full or maybe in two pieces for ease of installation and storage a rear CF cover. this will cover the tank, the rear seating area etc.

Maybe the existing spare wheel tie down bracket can be used for a spare wheel therefore this would have to be left open in the design?

Not sure its explained enough but its an idea. i know id certainly be interested in this.

Ant.

Mr GTiR

antgtir said:
What about when people want to remove the rear seats for track and maybe tidy up the section of the R, so maybe some sort of full or maybe in two pieces for ease of installation and storage a rear CF cover. this will cover the tank, the rear seating area etc.

Maybe the existing spare wheel tie down bracket can be used for a spare wheel therefore this would have to be left open in the design?

Not sure its explained enough but its an idea. i know id certainly be interested in this.

Ant.
What's the point in spending money on this when your on a track day? Cars are not supposed to look pretty while on track, just functional.

Braveheart

Mr GTiR said:
What's the point in spending money on this when your on a track day? Cars are not supposed to look pretty while on track, just functional.
Glad you said that Andy... I have bought 3l of filler to aid my repairs. :shock:
Some cheap plastic panels would fit my needs better... ;-)

Anyway, where's the pictures??? :popcorn: waiting!