Carbon Fibre Bonnet

MINESGTIR

Turned up from Knight-racer.co.uk today and put it straight on

looks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

will get photos up later on as my camera phone just looks black...

looks the nuts...

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
For the benefit of everyone else who may be interested it would be worth posting up the following details:

Bonnet Type: GTiR Scoop or Flat Standard
Cost: £???
Order to Delivery Time: ?

Rishi

MINESGTIR

its GTIR standard with big cheese grater, and 2 small side vents.

price was £513.17 to my door.

delivery took 8 days... VERY good service... Joe from knight racer gets a local courier to him to deliver it as its fragile and im down in bournemouth and the bonnet came from milton keynes.... the courier phoned me the day before to arrange a time and he was spot on. packaging was excellent... the bonnet is superb.

it has been finished VERY well.. underneath is fibreglass puerly for the mounting holes etc... it looks superb and the weave is excellent.. LIGHT AS FOOK !!

highly reccomend the company 10/10

ill put the pics up today

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Sounds good..

Maybe worth approaching him for a Group Buy if these is enough interest..

Rishi

MINESGTIR

when i ordered mine he said there was one more and he said he wasnt gonig to make any more as they were "extremly difficult" i dunno.... maybe that was all sales talk bullshit...

he normally does GTR stuff and evo and honda so this was maybe a one off as it was a pig to do....

definatly worth approaching him... he told he he will do the spoiler if there was enough interest.... id definatly have a spoiler, then id get some door cards made....

J

jpward

So what was the total weight saving?

What about security wise easily damaged ripped off?

MINESGTIR

not weight it .... im not a weight saver .. i got it cos it looks awesome...it uses the original 4 bolt holes that the original has.... i park my car at three places,, work, home and parents house... its never left in town or anything liek that so i dont worry "as much" about theft.... still of course itll get noticed... looks sooo good .. ill get pics up soon as the f**king weather clears up...

Lionel

Minesgtir what is the carbon like is there any messy parts when its been modled ??? also is the under side cardon or fiber glass ?

any info would be great

Lionel

Rishi hold on a minit we mite have sorted some think i will pm u ASAP about this i hope by the end of the day

marcymarc

MINESGTIR said:
why paint carbon fibre? the bonnet looks awesome... would look shit painted
Wrong way round in my opinion mate.

"Would look shit painted" thats one of the most brain dead things ive ever heard, wouldnt it just look like a bonnet? :lol:

Id be embaressed to drive a car with a different shade black bonnet tbh :lol: it would look like youve been to the scrap yard and couldnt get the right colour :lol:

If you like looking like a mong to 99.9% of other road users then thats ok by me, different strokes for different folks :doh:

youngsyp

marcymarc said:
Wrong way round in my opinion mate.

"Would look shit painted" thats one of the most brain dead things ive ever heard, wouldnt it just look like a bonnet? :lol:

Id be embaressed to drive a car with a different shade black bonnet tbh :lol: it would look like youve been to the scrap yard and couldnt get the right colour :lol:

If you like looking like a mong to 99.9% of other road users then thats ok by me, different strokes for different folks :doh:
Personally, I like the idea of body coloured lower section flanks, and leaving the centre raised section, including scoop, in the clear coat finish, so you can see the weave.

I can see both your viewpoints though but, it is a very personal thing. What ever floats your boat !

MINESGTIR

i understand what you say re: painting it... i would wanna show the weave of... treat me like a "mong" if ya like , however ive done soo much costum stuff to this beast im sure i dont follow the crowd.. anyway.. id be the sado if i got wound up by it .. which i wont ;-)

marcymarc

youngsyp said:
Personally, I like the idea of body coloured lower section flanks, and leaving the centre raised section, including scoop, in the clear coat finish, so you can see the weave.

Good idea that, although it would take a decent sprayer, i reckon its something that could easily look rubbish (close up) if cut in line of the paint/carbon is not bang on.

MINESGTIR

Lionel said:
Minesgtir what is the carbon like is there any messy parts when its been modled ??? also is the under side cardon or fiber glass ?

any info would be great

ill get pics up soon of the underside.. its shitty weather at mo.

underneath is fibreglass HOWEVER it looks amazing... it has been moulded to mimic the original underneath.. everything lines up.. bolt holes... bonnet catch ...etc.. went straight on with a satisfying "click" 5 min job... im well impressed with it :thumbsup:

Lionel

awsome thats what i wented to no if you could sort pics that would be great.

everyone we are trying to sort a deal out at the monet so i hope buy the end of today we may have some think sorted

Best Rergards Lionel.