Car wont start

hkspulsar

Started her yesterday morning, and she fired straight away, then in the afternoon tried her again and wouldn't start.

Done fault check, comes back as 55, so no issues there. Have fitted new rotor and dizzy couple of weeks ago and checked for a spark, and im getting a bright spark.
Can hear the fuel pump prime etc. When I turn her over she turns over fine and coughs like she is almost starting, but is misfiring, and just wont fire and run.

How do I check for fuel coming through to the engine as I think this is what it could be
Anyone got any other suggestions on what it could be?

Cheers in advance

Adam

Trip

Remove the fuse of the fuel pump and crank the engine a couple of times. This will release the pressure from the fuel rail. Turn key OFF completely and connect the fuse. Disconnect the fuel hose from the fuel rail (the hose coming from the fuel filter). Put the hose in a clear bottle and seal the bottle with your hands(this will prevent fuel coming out from the bottle at high pressure) Ask someone to turn key on IGN. You should see fuel coming out of the hose at a considerable pressure.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You did check that it wasn't flooded when you took the plugs out didn't you?
It may sound like a stupid question, but that's about the only time I've experienced something like what you're describing.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Take the plugs out and check they're OK, it might just have flooded for some reason, in which case the plugs will need to dry out.

hkspulsar

All sorted now, took plugs out, and put a spare set in, turned her over and she started.

The plugs that were in there seemed ok, but hey ho, she lives again.

Thanks for the advice