CAR WONT START!

A

Anonymous

Drove to work this morning car was running fine.go to start it and it wont start! it did this on Saturday but it started after a minute of trying..its done the same thing again but this time it wont start! any ideas ???

antgtir

Is the engine turning over?

If it isn't it may be the starter motor, sometimes if you give it a tap on the housing it will come un stuck and will start again and get you to a garage / home.

If it is turning over then check you are getting a spark from each of the leads, watch out for the shock, wear rubber gloves (preferably thick ones).

Ant.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
or the fuel pump relay
overfuelling?
spark plugs
distributor

theres lots to check mate - make sure you are getting a supply from the distributor first before you start stripping out the pump

geetee

Mine did this to me at work a few months back now.

Eventually turned out to be resistance on the earth wire to the fuel pump (why all of a sudden??). It was showing 13V across the terminals, but the resistance meant it couldn't pull enough current I guess. Took me days to get around to checking the resistance on the wires not just the voltage.

Re-earthed it to the body just by the rear light cluster and all was well.

You should be able to hear the fuel pump spin up for a few seconds when you turn the ignition on (but don't start the engine), if it's the same problem I had, it won't spin up.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

the garage said the took off the fuel pump pipe and bloow down it and they said the car started..so they said it was the fuel pump...i bought this and now they said it could be the relay cause it wont start?? garage thinks its the relay now...??? any ideas ??? how much is a relay any way ?? plz help ! :(

V

vtec

Your mechanic should be able to check the relay by using a electrical wire to rig the relay and keep it constantly on.
i seem to be having a similar problem 2u

A

Anonymous

sorted

car working fine now.was the imobiliser.bought a new fuel pump aswell ... funny thing is though i got an up rated fuel which is in my car now..which runs well beter for £15 quid of E bay ... sum dude bought a done up pulsar ,crashed it and then sold all the bits off it..dont think he new it was an up rated one :lol:

Quadruple post deleted :wink:

A

Anonymous

your sure mate? i could explain it again if your finding it hard to understand ?? :lol: my computer has a mind of its own !