Car wont start ! (sorted)

hmmm

Hi guys,

I got in to the car, had somewhere extremely important to go. Put the key in to the ignition and tried to start the car and nothing :( . All I here is this constant clicking sort of noise (like when u stick piece of paper into a fanwhile it's running).

Any ideas guys...your help is much appreciated

thanks

geetee

sounds like you don;t have enough juice in the battery to engage the starter.

That clicking might be the starter relay?

Try jumping it off another car.

hmmm

when u turn the ignition the battery light is on as it always is. WHat do u mean by turn over?

The car doesnt attempt to start...it just makes that clicking noise

M

Mart

I had the same prob, re-placed the batt, never looked back 8)

J

Jamz

check the connections on the the battery. If the terminals aren't on properly/done up tight the car won't turn over.

E

Edd

the clicking is the noise the starter makes when it hasn't enough battery power to turn the engine over.

Did you leave any lights on, doors open etc sounds to me like ur battery has just gone flat.

could be faulty battery but more likely you left something on in the car :wink:

hmmm

Jumped it and it's sorted...thanks for you help

Couldn't see that I had left anything on in the car. If this happens again then I will get a new battery.

A UK spec battery wont fit the Pulsar will it? Where do I get one from or should I start this in a new thread :?:

JIMMYBACK

u can use a uk spec batt cos that wot i did went i got my car ..... u nned to change the bat terminal connectors and go to the scrapper and get a batt tray out of a 1.4 nissan sunny n voila :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Hi mate...

Its the battery... Had the same problem myself in the past...

Jump start the car of your mates car...

Use a K10 Micra battery... Everyone else does including me... £28 from Kwik Fit...

Rishi

hmmm

Hi Rishi

Does the Micra battery hold enough power as I may decide to get an amp and sub in the future.

geetee

If u want to run a sub and amp it's worth fitting an even bigger battery. The K10 is still a bit camp.

You're probably best off relocating the battery to the boot. Get a battery box from a Marine shop - drill a couple holes thru your boot floor (avoid the fuel tank!) to fit it - and run heavy gauge cable up to the front to join the existing.

If ur fitting an amp and sub - u'll be doing the front to back cabling anyway so it's no extra expense!

You can then fit pretty much any 12V battery you like that fits in the box.

Also frees up space up front to move ur air filter about etc.

You also have nice short power runs to ur amps.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)