car starting itself

jeff

my ever thoughtful pulsar has taken it upon itself to start itself,as and when it so desires lol

left it in gear on the driveway and it climbed upto the fcking house haha!!

anyway its got remote starting and alarm immobiliser,

i disconnected the negative terminal and it kept runnin, then the positive terminal and it still kept goin for another min or so.

obv there is a electrical problem somewhere, but fck knows where??

its an aftermarket alarm of unknown origin, any1 have a stab in the dark about how to disconnect/disable alarm systems. or any advice?

maybe coincedence i replaced the front seats today the terminals on the new seats dont matcht the cars loom, so were left disconnected - purley coincedental i presume??

sittin here expectin a pile of ashes in the morning - and ive got no fire extinguisher.

gtir_pimp

go and take off the leads so it cant spark or something similar. sounds alarm related if it has a remote start but im not sure about that. i would take it to an auto electrician when you get a chance. if you fiddle with the alram you might sort out the random starting but then the alrm might not function properly

GTiR-Aholic

LOL that is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Um.. no the connections under the seats.. 1 is for your after-cat heat sensor on the exhaust and the other is the seatbelt tensioner.. nothing to do with your problem.

I would say check the barrel for loose wiring, the pulsar's are not key-coded so there's no transponder.. remove the cowling you should see the barrel and where they've tapped into the wires to make the car start.. cut those wires that they've bridged in and try that.. your vehicle should still start on the key but not with your remote alarm fob - and you should have then successfully stopped the remote starter from working (atleast you can have a peaceful nights sleep without having to wake up to a new open plan downstairs ;)) LOL

Do get it checked though by a proper electrician as this is very temporary.. don't leave the wires naked.. insulate.

*NOTE*: The advice above is a rough guide as I've not looked under the cowling before on these cars.. some wiring knowledge is required.. make sure you're cutting wires that are being tapped INTO the original loom, not wires that are a part of the original loom.

antgtir

*NOTE*: The advice above is a rough guide as I've not looked under the cowling before on these cars.. some wiring knowledge is required.. make sure you're cutting wires that are being tapped INTO the original loom, not wires that are a part of the original loom.
Lol, you sound like one of those adverts with all the blurb after it i.e small print:lol:

Is your car named Herby by any chance jeff?:lol:

Sounds like a poss alarm issue, id do as previously mentioned to secure the car.

Good luck, Ant.

Trip

I can imagine a thief coming up to steal the car. And all of a sudden the car starts itself.. He will either run away with fear, or thank god for making his life easier... LOL..

It is sure an alarm issue. To switch it OFF, just remove the fuel or ignition fuse. to keep it off disconnect the battery.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Take the lead off the coil - then there's no spark... and it's easy to put it back in again.

jeff

lol thanks for the responses -cars still here

going to go out and have a look shortly - im sure its alarm related, when it was running last night the indicators were staying on permanantly

ill see what i can see.

RU55 GTR

My mate's 200sx did this and drove itself down the driveway until it bumped the fence and stalled. The only problem was, my mate had jacked-up the front and was just trying to fit an axel stand! We don't call him Axel Jack for no reason, but we do think it made improvements to his looks!!! LOL

I agree with everyone else, defo the remote start on alarm. I'd remove the lead from coil-pack to distributer personally. The alarm will have a main control board, does it not say the manufacturer on that?

Best of luck with it! :)