Car spec help

L

lander

Hello all,

Im currently considering whether to P/X my skyline GTST for a pulsar GTIr that has been owned by a couple of members on here.

Its the bright blue one previously owned by GTIR1000 - thing is that I have been given a pretty comprehensive spec for it including a hybrid turbo, forged pistons and uprated cams running 1.0 bar at moment but allegedly able to take 1.2 bar.

Im just wary of the claims without receipts and wondered if someone would help me narrow down the spec - I have pics of the rocker cover off and the turbo etc to help...

Also wondering what value is on a car like this just now..know skyline prices are in free fall

Any help would be much appreciated (I cant post pics as im at work)

Cheers

antgtir

To be honest mate, the same thing has happened to the GTiR prices, we are all now hoping that all the chavs will reck theirs and hopefully help the price recover.

Whats wrong with the Skyline if you are thinking of selling or PXing??

Do a search for the name to see if you can track the posts this guy made, if not then im sure someone on here will know who you are talking about :lol:

Why has this guy not got receipts etc for the work carried out??

Has he not got a recent rolling road read out for torque and power curves etc??

Goodluck, Ant. :wink:

mattygti-r

i know which car you mean ,

he swapped for a GTS for the r a while back

GTI-R prices i think are more stable than they were about 6months ago,

same with anything thou , just hold out for the right buyer if your selling your gts,

edit to say...think GTS prices are abit all over the shop, dont think GTR ones are

L

lander

Hi thanks for the quick response...

He is offering me the pulsar and some cash for the skyline - I think the skyline is worth 6.5k as its clean, looks great and goes really well..

I am just wary since its supposed to be a hybrid turbo etc - I have a pic if anyone can check for me?

No reciepts since the work was supposed to be carried out in Japan - I cant find any mention of the work by previous owners however..

Link to previous sale, though I notice some bits have changed

http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=33098&highlight=

daz

not being funny though mate without reciepts i would be very wary of what is actually on the car. as when i bought my car i got told that it had this that and the other making it about 600 bhp lol and when it got rebuilt it was found to be completely standard and also with a compliment of sawdust in the engine :shock: not saying that the car you are looking at is this but just saying be wary. cause to be honest anyone who mods these cars or any normally would keep all the reciepts (well i do anyway, just to make me cry at night :lol: :lol:)

O

Odin

I had an R33 gts-t for two years matey and loved it to bits, Was a great car I also had my old H plate pulsar but it blew the motor :cry: , So I sold the skyline to get myself another pulsar :shock: I wish I hadn't though :cry: .

Though I really like my pulsar 8) , If I'd kept the skyline i'd of had an evo 7/8 by now or a proper GTR :D .

The pulsar is a big fat money pit fella :cry: that will be worth f@ck all once you'ev spent 1000's on it :? :cry: .

My advice is keep the gts-t or get yourself and evo :wink: you can get a nice stroker kit for an evo for $1400 :shock: :shock: 8) .

Look here for evo parts cheap :wink: 8) www.slowboyracing.com

rob

L

lander

The pulsar looks clean enough - I just want to make sure I get the right deal sorted out based on its value and the value of my skyline...:)

After blowing the skyline up im also wary of mods that make boost increases safe unless they are proven to exist - I learnt that the hard way after 3000 miles of blissful ignorance..

Would love an evo but im not getting many sniffs at skyline

O

Odin

lander said:
Would love an evo but im not getting many sniffs at skyline

How about I swop you my 1999 xantia 2.1 SX TD for your skyline :wink: , Thats if your man enough for a real car fella :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

L

lander

Ooh now I dunno - do you have to take a test before driving something that powerful :shock: :lol:

We have a Pug 306 HDI I use as a run about, I often flinch waiting for the boost to hit thinking im in the skyline lol

G

GartracS2

All this bull s h i t about R`s can only take 1.2 Bar is a joke lol. You can run 2.0 Bar on a standard SR20 DET you muppet if it has forged pots then do ya not think 1.2 bar is a piddly amount. RS Turbo lads run 1.6 Bar all day long on an 8 valve very unsophisticated oily shitty CVH they last for ever.

Get real get boosting just make sure the fuelling is enriched and the other stuff plugs etc .lol

To be honest lads I wish Id bought a Scooby these R`s are crap.

Im on a downer

L

lander

??? im going by what the current owner says mate - im not driving the car yet - I thought it odd that its running low boost considering its supposed to be forged etc.

O

Odin

don't take any notice of him fella he's a compleat numpty :roll: :cry: , That we try to take no notice of :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

GartracS2 said:
To be honest lads I wish Id bought a Scooby
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: now go wash your f-u-c-k-i-n-g mouth out with soap you DIRTY little f-u-c-k-i-n-g b4st4rd.... :lol:

thats disgusting, its gotta be worth at least two strikes surely :!:

L

lander

I used to have a classic scoob before the skyline - good cars but too much tunnel vision by owners on the capabilities :D

Will try and post up the pics of the pulsar tonight see if you guys can put a value on it

daz

GartracS2 said:
To be honest lads I wish Id bought a Scooby these R`s are crap.

Im on a downer
one thing for sure if you are on a downer now you will be on the happy pills when you buy your 1st scumbaru :lol: :lol: