car smoking from exhaust!!!!!

yellow gtir

hi all recently i had my solid lifters changed due to one of them being weak and kept moving the shims out of place so i got that changed and i got my sparks pluges changed also but now the car does not stop smoking from the exhaust it smells like oil burning and the smoke is a bit blue and its like it poofs smoke out . but it only smokes when the car startes driving it does NOT smoke if the car is standing still or if it is being drivrn very slow. but soon as i put the foot down its like the hole roads on fire. could it be that the spark plugs has not been set to the right size. or what else can it be can any1 help???

thanks all for reading

catchmeifyoucan01

yeah i was thinking the same thing!! a solid lifter can be weak unless it broke!!
and you couldnt really put the wrong size plugs in either!! Because there are only 2 sizes and one of them would no where near fit!! sounds like valve stem oil seals or turbo.

P

pulsarboby

if it poofs smoke buy a non gay car:lol:
whoever worked on this was telling you a load of bullshit:doh:.

sounds like the engines fooked to me if its kicking out smoke whilst driving along. youll probably find compression is down on a cylinder may have been caused through throwing the rockers

gtir_pimp

isnt there another thread by you yellowgtir where youve taken the car to the same bloke and hes told you things that people on here says bullshit. or maybe a few where we have questioned this mans knowledge on gtirs. sounds like you need a new mechanic mate! and didnt you get your car back from him before and something else was wrong when you got it back, that was ok before it went in?

yellow gtir

hi mate what i ment by that is the thread around the lifter was warn out so that caused the lifter not to be stable in which case the shims kept moving.

yellow gtir

hi mate the car still dives fine but now its starting to smoke from the turbo so i think that the seals have gone? what do ou think??

P

pulsarboby

right the only thing i can assume that you mean is that the pivot ball which sits at the end of the rocker arm had come unthreaded from the cylinderhead so they have helicoiled it.
there are no lifters....the only lifter is the valves and springs themselves....hense the words solid lifters

as for the turbo and smoke, well is the turbo elbow loose?
is the gasket blowing there?
does it sound like a tractor?
is it chucking smoke out the rear exhaust when driving along?
if so does it do it when you put your foot down on accelerator or on coming off accelerator?

you need to be much more precise with what your asking.
and why not go back to garage that did the work and ask them if your confident that they are so good???

yellow gtir

no mate the elbo is not loose i have checked all of that, it does not sound like a tractor it sounds 100% like a pulsar should, it does chucks out smoke from the exhaust when the car is accelerating and then smoks from the turbo itsself when i come off the accelerator and i can see the smoke coming from the bonnent vents. i have rang the garege up but the guy that does the pulsars is very busy and cannot see the car til next week so i though i would ask someone here to see if any1 could help. but thanks for all your help so far boby. cheers.

P

pulsarboby

if cars smoking from rear on acceleration then i would say you have a damaged piston or worn rings tbh, it needs to be compression tested to find out.

the smoke from turbo (under bonnet) could be oil coming from exhaust port on the head and getting into turbo but once again a comp test will establish whether that is correct or not

yellow gtir

Hi boby i have just been to a garege and have been told that its defo the turbo seals that have gone. So i was thinking of getting a bigger stronger turbo for my car. What sort of mods would i need to have in order for the turbo and the engine to run good? So far i have these mods : Hks induction kit, hks dump valve, front mount intercooler,bigger sard injectores, mongoose full / decated exhaust system and few other mods. What sort of boost would be safe for me to run on standerd pistons?? And ruffly what sort power would i be looking to run ?? Thanks!!!

gtir_pimp

did you have a compression test done? ive had 3 turbos go on different cars and never had smoke on boost even when theyre smoking very heavily. always after gear changes and sitting in traffic when its very hot!

yellow gtir

hi mate no i did not get the compression test done as the garege was 100% sure it was the turbo seals but would it be worth getting the compression test done anyway ??

gtir_pimp

NOTHING is 100% guaranteed in life apart from death! do the compression test. do it yourself, its very easy as long as you know how to get your spark plugs out! And have get a compression tester, which are about £25. instructions are on the back