Car running rough????

recaro18

The car struggled to start and had to put my foot on the accelerator to get it going, and once going was idling at 750rpm in stead of the usual 1500rpm, it didnt seem like it was missing or down on a cylinder just seemed like it was running very rough and was kicking loads of fuel out the back and smoking alot.

Ive changed the leads back to standard just to check it wasnt them and it wasnt,

not much use takin the plugs out because there just going to be sutty and tell me that is not burning the fuel which i already know,

is there anyone that can post suggestions, is it afm going a bit dodgy? dizzy cap a bit damp?

Richard

J

justin666

Do a fault code check mate and see if that flags anything up. Also check that all the IC boost hoses are on properly as well as all the Vac hoses. Check for any splits in any of these aswell.

J.

recaro18

Just did a check and it come up as 1 long flash and 2 short flashes which acording to the fault code diagram is the air flow meter, have got a z32 on the way so is there any temporary fix for the sensor like brake cleaner or anything that may help? had a look at the wires and they look fine and are not broken, somedays itl work and some it wont?Cheers

J

justin666

You can clean it up a bit but be VERY gentle with it and dont use anything to strong cause it will knacker it for good. Clean the connections up and see what happens but i would take a guess that its probably knackered :cry: You could try re-earthing the AFM which just involves splicing into the ground wire and earthing it off to either another earth point or a new clean one :thumbsup:

If you have a Z25 commin I assume you have a Fuel Controller / ECU in the car aswell??? Remember that the Z32 is not just plug and play and you will need a computer to compensate of it.. If not then you will find the car running even more rough than what it does now!!!! :oops:

Cheers

J.

recaro18

Right the new airflow meter is on and according to the fault code check everthings fine and dandy, but the car is still missing and running rougher than ever, its idleing at 400rpm or something silly, and when driving normally its holds back loads and just splutters all the fuel out the exhuast its just not burning it proply unless its on boost, had all the plugs out cleaned them and changed the leads and its not them, i just need to figure out whatan earth is wrong with it and then i can have ago at it myself??

Richard

recaro18

No havent checked the timing as i dont have the equiptment, im just tryin to get people to rack there brains and throw some ideas at me and then il try agen and again to get it fixed,

abyss

new fuel pump, if standard maybe old.

are leads on right way have rotor arm, dizzy cap been replaced recently.

P

pulsarboby

gtir bean said:
crank angle sensor?mine ran guff for a bit before it would show on a fault code check.
wheres crank angle sensor?
ive never seen one on a gtir, only sensor ive seen is cam sensor pickup in dizzy

recaro18

is that the same thing as a rotor arm or is that something different because i might as well change all these anyway, i checked the plug gaps and looked for splits in leads and nothing wrong there and then started it up and fanbelt squeeled a bit and then stopped and idled like normal again so i took it out for a spin up to a mates and let it sit for an hour got back to it and it did it again, driving it home its as if its gettin fuel fine but its stutters because theres not a continueus spark i put my put down and nothing until pedal about 3/4's and then starts spluttering?

Any ideas?

Richard

J

justin666

When you say the new air flow meter is on do you mean a standard replacement or the Z32?????

have you changed the fuel filter???

J.

recaro18

i mean a standard replacement, the z32 wont run without remap, fuel filters the next thing but its a struggle gettin parts because i aint got a car and parents are workin will halfords or anyone have one to save me waitin for nissan to sort one out?

J

justin666

recaro18 said:
i mean a standard replacement, the z32 wont run without remap, fuel filters the next thing but its a struggle gettin parts because i aint got a car and parents are workin will halfords or anyone have one to save me waitin for nissan to sort one out?
Nissan should have them in stock mate but if not you could try Japparts as they are very speedy with the deliveries :thumbsup: Halfords is a long shot but worth checking I suppose.

Did you check over all the boost and vac hoses for leaks????

Cheers

J.