Car planet white GTI R ?

mckelvr

Does anyone know if the white gtir is still around it was owned by Riffa Khan and was running 600hp the plate ended in HKS. Car planet built it. Just wondering as this was one of the cars that inspired me to build mine to a similar spec.

ollydj

I remember seeing the car at car planet a couple of years ago when i was there, i think i got some pictures of it somewhere

t16coupe

i live quite close to birmingham where this car is from i have heard lots of diff storys about it 1 its still about laid up with a broken gearbox another it was for sale for 10k there are quite a few going about

pulsar_stu

i live quite close to birmingham where this car is from i have heard lots of diff storys about it 1 its still about laid up with a broken gearbox another it was for sale for 10k there are quite a few going about
I was talking to the lads uncle not so long back and he said something about the gearbox.
he said they were trying to adopt a mazda gearbox to fit or something?

ollydj

I think when i saw it they were struggling to get the dyno figures they were looking for. What Mazda gearbox would that be stu?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Car Planet? Did they find the gearbox they had was just filled with saw dust, rather than anything special?

If the "official" line is to be believed RC went because the irishman was cooking the books, Car Planet and hence CPR went because the chinese were cooking the books.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If the "official" line is to be believed RC went because the irishman was cooking the books, Car Planet and hence CPR went because the chinese were cooking the books.
It's funny that the same thing should happen twice and each time it was someone else's fault.

Don't misunderstand me; I really do feel for the customers and (innocent) staff who got shafted, but it's not like they had a great reputation for open and honest business practices. For example invoices that don't actually say what the parts are they claim to have fitted... or that they were new... and not just swapped off some other customers car.

danr

Jesus man thats insane, why the hell would you do that to someones car like. Bunch of c.nts!!!
read the whole thread from start, v good read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael199
get them dead & buried imo, just been speakin to a guy who has lost £4000 to them, imagine how these people are feeling losing all this money, it's a bad do

Is that all?
We have a customer who gave them his car 11 months ago, (worth circa £25k at that point) we recovered/rescued it from RC recently at his instruction, The customer will post before and after pic's imminantly I think.

He is out of pocket to the tune of £37K, plus damage to his car, lost his engine, lost of turbo <insert long list> Etc. and now has nothing more than a (damaged) rolling chassis with a roll cage in it.

Mike.