Car overboosting HELP

G

gavmc18

just fitted my electronis boost controller SBC ID3

fitted exactly how the manual says but its overboosting for some reason
its set for standard boost at the moment but its jumping right up

was wondering if maybe the position of where i have put the boost sensor is wrong i have it T'ed into the standard boost sensor where the dump valve is also T'ed into then to below the manifold

and also have the solenoid in coming from the manifold and out going to the turbo actuator

help needed please

G

gavmc18

all the pipes seem to be connected nothing seems to be loose

gav

chrism

Maybe you´ve got it on the wrong setting just!

Is it a blitz is it?

Whats your settings? Which "level" is it on?

G

gavmc18

yes its a blitz have it set for o.8bar of boost

but even if i switch the boost off it still overboosts

was wondering if the boost solenoid wasnt workin would it be causing this problem

Last edited by a moderator:

chrism

Im not sure now mate.

I´ll have a look at mine and see how its plumbed in and get back to you later today ok?

Is it a brand new controller form the box?

G

gavmc18

thanks for that it was bought second hand of mattygtir

all the display works showing the boost and peak just doesnt seem to stop the boost going right up

gav

chrism

Ive looked at mine now and its not plumbed in like that.Not sure if its same controller.

I have one pipe going to the intake and one pipe going to the wastegate.There are only 2 outlets on mine.One to the intake,one to the turbo and power of course.

Heres a link to a couple of pictues.

here

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

chrism said:
Ive looked at mine now and its not plumbed in like that.Not sure if its same controller.

I have one pipe going to the intake and one pipe going to the wastegate.There are only 2 outlets on mine.One to the intake,one to the turbo and power of course.

quote >and also have the solenoid in coming from the manifold and out going to the turbo actuator <end quote

im 90% sure you should not have a vacuum to the turbo actuator the boost solenoid should only have one vacuum going to the avcr control unit there should be no pipe between other side and turbo actuator, unless my cars been setup wrong:? but thats how mone was fitted and setup by a carrot crunching tuner lol

marcus_g

I had this problem even with the controller off ,checked all the pipes they looked fine but one was split and caused the same problems you got.

G

gavmc18

before i boost the electronic boost controller in i had a manual boost controller and it was setup the same way as was my electronic one has been plumbed in

gav

How long is the tube going to the controller?
I had an overboosting/hunting problem with my dual sbc that was caused by the tube being too long causing a delay between what the contoller was seeing and what it actually was,Took it through the bulkhead and cut it as short as posibble and was ok.

G

gavmc18

probably about 2 1/2 feet at very most will try shortening it though

cheers gav

Fire & skill

Vintage member
was the ID3 not set up so that what setting you put in would give you this OVER std boost?

i.e 0.5 bar would be 1.2 bar? in theory all you have to do to get std boost is switch the thing off