Car Not starting with POWER FC

dj1qy

alrite folks got a bit of a problem blew my engine back in january n purchased another one from off here. after fittin it we had several problems in tryin to get the car started we got it started but sounded like a drag car then wouldnt idle n eventually turn off we 1st thought it was the z32 maf that i had fitted swapped the maf checked the wiring over still the same problem i had a custom inlet on there with bigger throttle bodies i replaced that back to the standard one still wouldnt start. i then sent it off to a friend who still owns his pulsar who then discovered the vacuum pipes were put on wrong as well as the forge oil seperator pipes. to get the car started the standard maf and ECU had to go back on n to run smoothly the standard injectors and fuel pressure regulator. once we knew the car was working we tried to plug the ECU in expecting it to work on its map before blowing but the car would start and turn of instantly.

STANDARD ENGINE WITH STOCK INTERNALS BOTTOM END BLOWN OFF AT 97,000 KM's
HI-TEQ BUILT ENGINE 20,000 MILES DRIVEN FROM REBUILD
HKS FORGED PISTONS
HKS 2.0MM HEAD GASKET
HKS CAMSHAFTS
STRIPPED CYLINDER HEAD
POLISHED PORTS
RELAP VALVES
REBORED CYLINDER BLOCK (87MM)
KNIFE EDGE
LIGHTENED CRANKSHAFT
RE BALANCED ENGINE
CUSTOM MADE THROTTLE BODY WITH POLISHED AND BUTTERFLIED PORTS HAND CRAFTED FROM JAPAN (TO GO ON)
HKS EVC 5 BOOST CONTROLLER MAPPED @ STANDARD BOOST 0.8/09 & 1.1
HKS MUSHROOM AIR FILTER
HKS SSQV
660cc INJECTORS
MONGOOSE TURBO BACK EXHAUST 5" TIP
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP
DENSO HEAT RANGE 8 IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS
APEXI POWER FC ECU
SARD FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
ALLIMINIUM RADIATOR MADE TO SIT INSTEAD OF AIR CON RAD
16 ROW MOCAL OIL COOLER
Z32MAF WITH CUSTOM MADE ALIMINIUM PIPE FROM TURBO
BATTERY RELOCATED TO BOOT
60 MM BLITZ BOOST GAUGE READING UP TO 2 BAR
HELIX ORGANIC CLUTCH

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq337/dj1qy/ - if u need any pics to help illustrate anythin.

whats different to the engine previously is the engine being forged and attempt of changine from standard maf to z32 but swapped to original maf in aid to get started again. i was beggining to think it was somethin wrong with the Power FC as it should start atleast with wateva mods being done in theory should run as it did before blowing. thanks help would be much appreciated.

smiler

Have you changed the settings on the power fc commander to run with the Z32 MAF and bigger injectors?

Mr GTiR

I had this same problem and it turned out to be the dizzy. For some reason certain PFC's only work with certain types of dizzy's. I had to try 3 different ones before we could get my car to start and run! The old dizzy I took off mine and put onto a standard car and it works fine!

Also, the water temp that the PFC is set up with makes a big difference. Drop campbellj a pm as he was the one who fitted my PFC.

As stated ensure your change your PFC setting for the correct injectors and MAF.

dj1qy

yeah did attempt to change the settings to z32 maf but it should start i think it was because my friend lowered the fuel pressure from around 50/60 to 30/40 so that may be the cause. and it was previously mapped to suit 350bhp with the bigger injectors etc so in theory it should start im gonna try the fuel pressure if thats not successful will try different dizzy.