Car not going into gear unless forced in

Luke Baines

Earlier on i was driving my pulsar and it went into gear fine, easy no noises, crunches etc, apart from there was a rattle of some kind while it was in 5th gear, later on the car just wouldnt go in any gear without being forced and still only rattles in 5th gear, the car is still just as hard to get into gear while the engine is off, the car has had a full gearbox refurb this year, stronger input shaft and nearly new act clutch, ive been told to check the gear selectors, gear linkage and gear selector mech, clutch release bearing, any info will be greatley appreticiated, ive only had the car 6 days and bought it for 6k:(

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
There is only up rated gearsets like quaife etc..you have to change more than just a shaft...and are you saying you have no 5th gear..no drive in 5th..

johnny gtir

A lot of people don't rate the quickshift. The doc will put it in better words than I can so he will post his opinion on them

lakeview

The bm is terrible quality
Quick google search and they have lots of issues from snapping to not going into gear
Get rid of it

Agent smith

Still drives in 5th but makes a rattle noise
Sounds like the teeth on 5th have gone I've just replaced 3rd gear in my quaife as my shot shift caused miss shift from 2-5 and smashed the teeth off 3rd shifter will be coming off and back to standard this time