Can you get a flat bonnet ?

craige101

[SIZE=+0]Does anybody no if you can get the flat sunny gti bonnet in gpr or carbon fibre does any one sell them ?[/SIZE]

Godzilla

why would you want one ? arent the vents there for a reason , dont they do a flat bonnet for the overseas pulsar saloon type one, not sure though

G

GTI-R Kid

2 side ones still give the heat a chance to escape though.

jakeshakey

wat ive heard from a few friends, is they look a bit chavvy, i said it was cause of the tmic, but if uve got a fmic it would look a bit strange, i like the little side vents because they do help with the cooling.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You could also just put the rear raisers in and let it vent out of the back of the engine bay.
I suppose getting rid of the bulge gives you a stealth look, but to me you loose that unique hunch-back of Notre Dame look the car has.
I think the Turini bonnet it probably the compromise.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
the search button does:

looks like a nose job gone wrong :)

and raising the rear might let a bit of air out when stationary, but the opposite when moving at speed...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah? I was never convinced about the whole bonnet raiser debate, but there were people getting quite aggressive because they'd tried it and could show lower engine bay temperatures (and therefore better performance). I would have thought that the vents in the bonnet were enough to be honest.

I do quite like the Turini bumper, but prefer my bump - maybe I'll put an oil cooler under it, or like Tony Bardy; relocate the air intake there!

davey red.r

daft, daft, daft, the standard is the way, wernt made like that for nothing, more cold air in at high speeds the better tmic or not.

davey

Godzilla

and as for chavey thats how they were built , just cos some tit buys the vent and grafts it to his saxo thats when it becomes chavey not when its on the car it was made for ,tell ur friends to go f**k em selves ,sorry but that bonnet is part of the agressive looks it has , you know it means business when it pulls up behind you with a hole that size ,not to mention the cooling affects, just like davey said but imagine the temps going down the motorway on a treak they would be sky high without it.

davey red.r

funny that just came up the m62 from manchester today, and seen a saxo with the r scoop on,:doh::doh::doh::oops: this was about 3hours ago, im still shaking my head now:lol:

dencon

My feelings are, to get the maximum air through the intercooler and radiator you do not want air trying to get in the top opening. My rebuild has a flat bonnet with the two exit vents bonded in, and rear end slightly raised, with both fans on a dash switch that can be used during the climb if required. Den.

darkyGTI-R

How did you put your front fog lights in please mate i was gonna use where the bottom grills are but will get in way of reg?