Can I make my BOV louder?

K

KrissJ

I've got a HKS SQV (the sequential not the super sequential) and it sounds class, flutterin and chatterin, but otter took me out in his R the other day and his Bailey sounds just like my HKS but is way louder. It sounds excellent so I wondered if I can keep the same sound in mine but make it louder, adjust something or different insert etc. Any ideas?

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

what boost are you running mate?
my SSQV doesnt do much at standard boost but take it above a bar and it will sound the nuts 8)

otter

Hey kriss, put a wanted up for a bailey on the for sale/wanted section.

Ive seen them go for £30! 8)

ashills

ive made my bailey valve very very loud by cutting the pipe that went to the back left hand side of the rocker cover and using that to run boost gauge and vaccum line to bov
made a massive difference otherwise u are sharing the vaccum lines to so many things they weaken including the fuel pressure reg which is not good

S

srbpower

** YAWN at Mr Spares**

:roll: Just being helpful

and it's "aren't"

K

KrissJ

Cheers for the responses :D

I'm runnin standard boost so that's probably 1 reason why its quieter then. How much are the inserts, are they easy to fit and what sort of noise will the BOV make when fitted as I don't want to change the sound (sort of chirps & woosh not the high pitched 1), just make it louder?

Also, are these for the sequential (SQV) or super sequential (SSQV) cos mines the SQV?

mattygti-r

the fin is for the Super Sequential BOV by HKS not the old SBOV like youve mentioned,

ive that on my car its not that loud the new SSQ is v.loud but the gold fin insert will make it louder,

feel free to pm me or im sure gary (gtir spares ) can sort you out or srb

:wink: