can anyone fit chips???????/

A

alfyboy

Just wondering if there is anyone that could fit my daughter board for me.
I can post my ecu to whoever can do it if need be as my R is off the road.
I can also email the instructions aswell.
cheers,
Alfy

marcymarc

alfyboy said:
Just wondering if there is anyone that could fit my daughter board for me.
I can post my ecu to whoever can do it if need be as my R is off the road.
I can also email the instructions aswell.
cheers,
Alfy

Do you want Jam on it to :lol:

JIMMYBACK

soldiering isnt that difficult you just need a steady hand and good hand eye co ordination 8) id do it if i had a decent soldiering iron :p

Fire & skill

Vintage member
JIMMYBACK said:
Fire & skill said:
i'll do it for you mate - its a pain in the a55 unsoldering the 40 pin holes, but its easy peasy after that.
use a solder sucker matey it bloody easy :D
yes thats with the solder sucker!! :lol: a right pain, you need to put the ecu in a vice, solder iron on one side - sucker on the other :lol: :lol:

JIMMYBACK

Fire & skill said:
JIMMYBACK said:
Fire & skill said:
i'll do it for you mate - its a pain in the a55 unsoldering the 40 pin holes, but its easy peasy after that.
use a solder sucker matey it bloody easy :D
yes thats with the solder sucker!! :lol: a right pain, you need to put the ecu in a vice, solder iron on one side - sucker on the other :lol: :lol:
i must be gifted then i do it on the table :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
or you can use one of them model holders the ones with the crocidile clips is easier to use 8)

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i tried doing it on the table, i found i needed an extra arm to stop the bugger falling over :evil: , ive got this little record vice in the shed - its not bolted in so i just take it into the house, place it on said table and its not so bad after that :D

JIMMY - we all knew you were gifted mate :wink:

A

alfyboy

Fire & skill said:
cheers mate, last time i tried it i blew the ecu :oops: .
Not fun getting your R back 10 miles at 12.30 am with a buggered ecu :oops: :cry: