Cams

jonesgti_r

Will any sr20det cams fit the pulsar or do they have to be R specific?
Mates off to the states sonn and want 2 be sure he doesn't bring unusable sh1t back

A

AVOGTIR

i got new cams ground for $480au to a hks 270 profiles, the billets were new stock sr20 ones, and from what the cam guy said the hole for the bolt is longer for the varible ones, so they should work.....

miny seem to work ok, just haven't found when they come in.

skiddusmarkus

I got sent SR20DET ones by mistake and they were way out and for hydraulic lifters.My engine builder reckoned they'd have never performed properly and cost lots of power.I suppose if you had them regound then that could possibly fix it.

Keira

skiddusmarkus said:
Looks like you should have searched as well then Kieron-the pulleys are specific for our car too :wink: .
you should delete the 200sx parts fitment list then :wink: cos i spotted the word yes after cam pulleys :wink: :lol:

skiddusmarkus

Blame Nikko for that :lol: .I also got sent some 200sx pulleys by mistake and the exhaust one is way different to ours as it has a kind of shaft(similar to the end of a driveshaft) that's been twisted along it's length by about 90 degrees.I presume it's something to do with the VVT :?: .