Cams?

ki_saj_ng

Hello,

i have a set of standard cams on my R that are slightly worn. these result in less performance (not really noticeable) VERY noisy and slightly shitter in economy (bad as it is) and also at times a slight stumble in acceleration.

just havent enough cash at the mo to get some hks ones for it so thought to temporarily replace them with some standard ones that someone on here has offered me. these will be a straight drop in but do u reckon the shims will need doing aswell cos then it probably isnt worth it?

standard cams inc labour - under £200ish
hks cams inc labout - £600+ish

What would u do?

thanks

saj :?

B

BFMurphy

how much are they worth then? i was thinking of getting some while we have the shit weather

G

GAZ P

I think Piper & Kent now do cams for the R @ alot less than £600 :wink: :D

Tony

if it includes labour tho they might hav included re shimmin!!!! but not for the price of the shims!!!!!!

Tony....

mattygti-r

so do HKS so do Tomei at less than £600 for cams :roll: all depends where u get them from dont it

as stated that may have included reshim :wink:

I

Innovate Performance

if you are fitting uprated cams then you have to reshim, cause the cam lobe base is generaly smaller than on the standard and if you don't they tap like a bast++d and you have the possibility of the shim moving.

For anyone who wants to know hear are the cam prices:-

JUN cams £182.00 Each
HKS cams £185.00 Each
Tomei cams £185.00 Each

All above prices are +VAT.

so a set would cost around £434.75 INC VAT + fitting @£246.00 inc vat
Then the price of the shims Which i think are about £12 pound each from Nissan. Then you gat you 5% discount for being a GTiROC member.

so £600 Ish would be about right.

ki_saj_ng

thanks innovate p. see i knew i was right :)

so shall i just stick with what i have until i scrap some monies together to get it all done in one go?

matty, seems like u forgot the VAT :)

cheers guys

saj 8)

I

Innovate Performance

The parts prices i posted where Recomended RRP prices.
So thats what we and every one else are ment to charge.