Cams rattle 'headache'

antopulsar

BY WAT EVERYONE HAS SAID I THINK MINE NEEDS RE SHIMMING. THE CAMS ARE REALLY NOISY :? ESPECIALLY WHEN I GETS WARM. ANY OTHER THING IT CAN BE?????? AND CAN ANYONE NEAR BRUM DO IT 4 ME?????? PLEASE:thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Could also be that there's not enough oil (or the right grade), but I'm guessing you've checked that... you see it quite often with the little boys in their 'hot' Corsas... no oil in the engine and a death rattle as a result.
I told one what the noise was once and he proceeded to put an extra 5L in... and spent the next hour driving around the local ASDA car park trying to burn it back off (as it was just forced into the intake when it overflowed the engine).

If I remember rightly, the going rate is about £300 from Boby... double that if you want genuine shims put in, or want it done by some local garage.

P

pulsarboby

If I remember rightly, the going rate is about £300 from Boby... double that if you want genuine shims put in, or want it done by some local garage.

im gonna drop this price to £270 for anyone coming from the gtiroc or modifiers members (thats with them getting car to me though) the figure will remain at £300 if contacted via my website!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah - I've seen the costing for the job and can understand why now!
I'm not sure about the R, but in the past it's always been 'hot valve clearance' - it's always fun to try to get the rocker cover off and get to work on a hot block... is it the same in this case?

P

pulsarboby

no these are best done cold to get accurate measurement