calling all gtirs

murty

Rubbish :lol: I'm mainly a trackday person but i've been to a couple drag events and getting a gti-r to do a good 60ft time (which i would say was around 1.7 secs) is a piece of piss and requires hardly any skill ;-)

6000 rpm on the line, let the clutch up when the light changes, then a few quick gearchanges later its all over :yawn: Wheres the skill in that :lol:
lol if you ran a 1.7 60ft by simply dropping the clutch at 6000 revs you could of done a 1.5 if you had launched it better:doh:

but dont really care and its a little of topic would be good to have some gtirs out for this

or maybe we should forget the gtir as a contender and pretend it dont exsist, some times i forget most people who have pulsar dont drive them, and the ones that do dont race them, and the ones that do race them dont really push them.

MarkTurbo

lol if you ran a 1.7 60ft by simply dropping the clutch at 6000 revs you could of done a 1.5 if you had launched it better:doh:
How many pulsars do you see running 1.5/1.6 60 foots.................not many ;-)

If i had some semi slicks dropped to 20 psi i've no doubt i could have achieved those times but as it was on normal road tyres at 30 odd psi i'm not going to complain about a "crappy" 1.7 sec 60 foot time :roll:

ashills

dragging a gtir with stock turbo is easy and 12s are easy the skill comes with bigger turbos that wont just take dumping the clutch to get it off the line well

murty

How many pulsars do you see running 1.5/1.6 60 foots.................not many ;-)

If i had some semi slicks dropped to 20 psi i've no doubt i could have achieved those times but as it was on normal road tyres at 30 odd psi i'm not going to complain about a "crappy" 1.7 sec 60 foot time :roll:
i could rattle of half a dozen right now lol

never said 1.7 is crappy but maby it is "crappy" to what your car is caperble off but i guess we will never know.

murty

with less than a month to go would be good to know who is up for this Banzi mag has requested an editoral from the event and i have been handed the rules

murty

Rules<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
All cars must use an original engine block that is available option for the car.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
All cars must use original drive train system.<o:p></o:p>
Any car that runs .5 faster than their best qualifying time will be not counted and the point will go to the opposing team.<o:p></o:p>
There will be three qualifiers after which the cars will be put in order fastest to slowest.<o:p></o:p>
All groups of cars will have an average score this will allow a leader board.<o:p></o:p>
In the event that an odd number of teams is involved the group with the worst average will not go in to a vs battle.<o:p></o:p>
The reaming teams will be put up against each other depending on their average. The best average team will be put up against the worst, and then the second best average team will go up against the second worst ect.<o:p></o:p>
The winning group of both will then go against each other in a final. The losing groups will go up against each other to establish 3 and 4 ranking.

In each round there will be a bonus run to the group who fields the most cars. The participant who has the bonus run will have to run within .5 either way of their best qualifier failure to do so would move the point to the opposing team.
If they are remaining cars who do not have a competitor or are doing the bonus run, will be ran as a RWYB<o:p></o:p>
If a team fields 4 cars or less they will be disqualified

warringtonjack

Erm, what does 'original drive train system' comprise of?

And I would have thought on a drag strip, the biggest skill is trying to keep our gearbox casings in one piece!! :lol:

murty

i got two lol so where nearly there just need 3 others, just asked the guy about the original drive train thingy basically if it left the factory 4wd then it has to be still 4wd any modification allowed its to stop people doing RWD conversions and dropping in a v8