C.V boot question

PulsarTom

My outer c.v boot has split on passenger side, ive bought another boot from local motor stores thats supposed to fit it bang on, but really dont trust them!! ive also seen on ebay that there is a c.v boot kit? is it just the boot i need with the grease? or is there more to it like the ebay item dictates? Thanks Tommy

P

pulsarboby

its just a rubber boot tom, why dont you trust them?
knock the cv joint off, rip old boot off
pack joint with grease, and refit new boot, job done!

PulsarTom

i thought that was the case, but my local motorstore just sell parts to get the money in, plus they werent sure when i asked them the first time i asked for the boot.

kyepan

hold it up agains the split boot under the car, you should see if its roughly the right diameter, if you want to be sure put a piece of string round your existing boot, and mark how long it is, repeat on your boot from the motofactors..

if in dbout, go to nissan, ask them to look it up on the parts computer, then do the same at the motofactors, they should have an equivelent pattern part.

if you do get to putting it on and its wrong, take it back... they should offer you an exchange.

youngsyp

If anyone is after a boot kit or full CV joint (it comes with a boot), use www.japarts.co.uk

I've used them for both parts and they're very good value, the parts are OE quality and, the delivery is fast.

neil240z

just get a universal c.v boot, there like condoms, one size fits all, unless you happened to be blessed with a horsey c0ck! there less than £5 from the motor factors, they have 2 types, one is the normal type and you will need to remove C.V from the driveshaft unless you have that wonderful tool which opens up and streches it over the C.V and there is the other type which you wrap around and use the supplied glue to stick it together.

the later boot should only be used if you dont have the tools to get the 32mm hub nut off and a ball joint splitter for obviously the bottom ball joint. though i would only use the former.

Neil