c/f front splitter and rear spoiler

R

R1cky

Dunno if anyone is interested but i spoke to a company today about having the laguna splitter and the standard rear spoiler made in c/f. Was wondering how many people would be interested in this depending on the price. Gotta take a splitter and my spoiler to him in a couple of weeks so i'll know more then.

abyss

lol my thoughts have come true defo interested in a carbon rear spolier will it be exactly like the standard one if so im defo in.

R

R1cky

yeah should be exactly the same as the standard spoiler mate......... well thats the plan

R

R1cky

Go by the name of streamline carbon. They have got a web site but it aint too good. I'll give em a bell tomorrow and get him to email me some pics!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just a thought.........

about the front splitter, remember it's prone to close encounters with sleeping policemen and curbs e.t.c. so on a practical note it's quite good that the Luguna/espace splitters is very flexible

and the point of a carbon fibre rear spoiler is obviously just for show ?? as the standard one is plastic and weighs feck all already

Mr GTiR

Steve, some people just have too much money.

I thought the same about the front splitter as mine has got more than it's fair share of scratches on it.

My thoughts exactly, going to carbon on the rear spoiler is likely to weigh more than the standard one.

My old Black R had a Laguna splitter and it was beat to shit. Don't think I'd wanna splash out on a carbon version. Imagine that all scratched up, it'd look even worse :lol:

R

R1cky

Yeah your pretty much spot on about the splitter would more than likely take a pounding. tbh i didn't give it much thought. Rear spoiler would just be for looks. Just trying to do something i little different thats all. Fed up with seeing all the evo/scoobs etc dripping with c/f while we get pretty much nothing for the R

abyss

its not that you cant get the stuff for the R its just people buy very little c/f because the pulsar already is 200-300kg lighter than scoobies and evo's

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Would people entertain having a c/f radiator plates made, I know there were a few alloy ones made some time ago, but a c/f would look nice... :-D

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
fubar andy said:
Would people entertain having a c/f radiator plates made, I know there were a few alloy ones made some time ago, but a c/f would look nice... :-D
Yeah, I'd do that if it could be made strong enough

R

R1cky

ok i'm man enough to admit it when i've had a bad idea.:oops: rad plate sounds like a cool idea though id be up for that:thumbsup:

bracpan

stevepudney said:
Just a thought.........

about the front splitter, remember it's prone to close encounters with sleeping policemen and curbs e.t.c. so on a practical note it's quite good that the Luguna/espace splitters is very flexible

and the point of a carbon fibre rear spoiler is obviously just for show ?? as the standard one is plastic and weighs feck all already
Steve is correct the rear spoiler is already very light, otherwise I would have made it in G/F when I done the tailgate. Also agree with the front splitter as it will get knocked no doubt and C/F does not give it will just crack.
Although I will agree that it will look good
Cheers
Phil