Buying a GTI-R, what would you want it to have

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'm in the process of selling my current car and will then be looking for a GTI-R (Unless anyone wants to swap for a 33 GTR?)

MY question is what would you put on a tick list as it were for modifications etc if you were looking for a car again. I'm looking to spend upto 5K if a really minter with the right mods comes along but would be looking to spend between 3-4 if possible. Want 300hp upwards and know I will wan her to be at 400 before I'm happy (poor). So just a list of what you guys would want/expect to get from a car.

Thanks in advance.

mattygti-r

unless your gtr33 is in 2 parts why wouod you want to swap

i own a GT-R and despite prices comming down alot on the 33s they are still worth around 11k

even a 400bhp well tuned pulsar is £6-7k

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Don't mean straight swap, as in swap and cash if anyone was looking. Mines mint and I'll be asking just over 13 as in no hurry to sell.

chrism

Make sure you get receipts for everything claimed to be on the car!(or proof)

Otherwise: uprated clutch
360 degree bearing turbo
Front mount
Make sure its been mapped correctly and set up on RR

Everything else is just personal taste but these items would be a must for me if I were to sell mine ans get another.
If youre looking for 400 then forged pistons would be benificial.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I would like the internals done but don't expect there are many around. Am happy down the line to have a full rebuild to a higher spec.